Act 8: The Vortex

( Hello everyone, finally Im updating, I know it's been a while and I feel awful. It's just I was working on other works that you should check out if you want more. Anyhow, I hope you all will enjoy this because this is the party chapter.)

Max sit on her bed looking at herself in the mirror, Vic had lent her some clothes for the party. Wow, this is some fancy crap. Victoria had offered to order a personal stylist for her girlfriend. Even thinking about it makes Max laugh, still Vic had gone on a shopping spree with Chloe last night. According to Chloe Vic had spent somewhere in the thousands mainly on Max, though Vic also bought Chloe a new beanie and some hair dye for the help. Max wears a red dress that shows off her body well, it is simple yet beautiful. A matching hand bag is thrown into the mix, simple yet elegant shoes, since Max refuses to wear heels. 'I might as well of had a personal stylist, Jesus between those two they know me well. And this dress is gorgeous.'

"So are you", interjects a snooping Victoria, as if reading Max's thoughts. She has the door ajar and her head poking in. "Well you ready for your moment?" Max smiles up at her date, "if you mean our moment then yes." As Max steps out she can feel the music pulsing. "I still need to change I've been working at the party all day, can you come help me?" Max is almost put off by the question. 'I'm going to see her almost naked? Hey are we even long enough into a relationship for this?' Victoria notices Max blushing, "you are adorable, nothing bad will happen, I swear." She winks and then gently drags Max into her room by her hand. Once inside with the door closed Victoria begins to strip, and with each piece of clothing Max's unease grows. Finally Victoria is down to her underwear and bra. Seeing how uncomfortable Max is Victoria stops. "I see you don't like this, well I didn't plan on changing out of these anyway, Max you okay?" Max feels speechless, this is her first seeing Victoria like this, 'shit she is so much more hot than me.'

"Victoria why do you like me. You are so beautiful you could be with better, prettier." Victoria suddenly understands and hugs Max not minding her near-naked state. "Listen you, Max you are beautiful. Inside and out, yeah I know that's really cheesy but it's true. I am with you because you understand me and want me for me not money." It is true Max would never take advantage at Victoria. Vic dresses and then poses for Max, "well not quite as stunning as you but I think we'll make people jealous." With that statement the blonde grabs the brunette's hand.

They find themselves walking to the party the air is a bit chilly so Vic wraps her cashmere around Max. Max looks up at Victoria with a look of surprise. Victoria seems like a new person, not a bully, or a bitch. As they arrive Max waves at Stella who shakes her head, life is weird. All of their friebds have abandoned them because they love each other, except Chloe. The two girls have eachother, which raises the question to as why they are attending the party. "Victoria, I submitted a picture last night." Vic raises an eyebrow and stops walking. "What picture Max? You didn't let me look at it?" Victoria seems slightly offended. "No you've seen it." Vic's eyes widen and she searches her purse. "Why you little, I said I didn't want you to submit that." Max sticks her tongue out, "well I think you look great in it, you aren't posing or aware. So the beauty is natural and there." Vic smiles reluctantly, and gives Max a peck on the cheek before grabbing her hand and walking to the Vip section. The girl at the VIP booth lets the pair in with no trouble, no one kicks Victoria Chase out of a Vortex club party.

The music is loud, but also good. As a new song comes on everyone shouts for joy. "DJ doom is really making this party." Victoria nods, "well I picked him and paid for him, I suppose you could say I made the party." This time Victoria sticks out her tongue at Max. Nathan isn't here for some reason which is fine with Max. The couple talk to the other members. Courtney and Taylor are still being botches about everything, they give stares at the couple followed by lesbian comments.

The couple ignores them and begin to dance, the two have fun. And this continues for a while until Mark Jefferson gets up to announce the everyday heroes contest winner. There is a lot of hoop law over the guy getting up. A few "I love you" and one "your so hot". "Now before I announce the winner I have to applaud all those who submitted their photo, we had a lot of amazing entries this year. The winner of this years everyday heroes contest is..." The teacher pauses for effect. "Victoria Chase and-" he's cut off by a sea of booing as Victoria begins to walk onto the stage. "Excuse me I'm not finished, the winner is Victoria and Max Caulfield." Max looks at Victoria, face full of confusion, Victoria just returns it. "Come up here Max." Max reluctantly joins Victoria on stage.

"These two girls are artists passions drove them to put all of their heart into these photos. Victoria will be representing Blackwell Academy, while Max will be representing her old school Seattle prep. I have spoken with the photography instructor there who is a friend of mine. He believes that Max's photo deserves to represent his school whether or not she still attends." Max gives a scared smile to Victoria. Victoria is beaming. "I'm just happy that everything worked out this way, Maxine is a great photographer and I look forward to traveling with her." Max then begins to speak, she didn't prepare anything but she has something in mind.

Though when she begins she gets more boos than Victoria. "You're a fake Max!" "You don't care about anyone!" "Go fuck your selfie!" These insults rain from the audience, Max feels attacked. "No I care about you all. I chose Victoria to be my everyday hero for one reason, change. Victoria Chase is not the same she is a great person and I believe she has redeemed herself." This elicits silence, then someone claps from the audience, the claps start to add and build until everyone seems to be applauding for Max and Victoria. "Very good Max, spoken like a true artist." Jefferson comments.

Afterwards Max and Victoria go to Vic's room. "Alright Caulfield let the afterparty begin!"