The Very First New Year's Eve Together

The Bride To Be:

"So... We are gonna toast" Irene said. I was too happy. I convinced all my friends to go out together on New Year's eve "Come on".
"We are gonna toast because these two will get married one day" Tulip rised her 7up! bottle and she smiled.
"And because this beautiful niece of mine is coming on September" Kizz rised his beer too. All of us looked at Tulip and Patrick. She rolled her eyes.
"And of course because all of us are having a great time" I finished.

We all toasted. It was almost midnight... 2018, coming soon!

We were not... excited. We just were thinking about our own stuff. Carma might be thinking about her hot ginger boyfriend from Ireland. Tulip was obviously thinking about drinking a beer, and Kizz just wanted some sex. Almost three years together, and I got to know him as I knew myself.

"Oh, guys... I almost forget it" Tulip rised her 7up! again (I knew she was dreaming about some tequila) "We are gonna toast because Durex is completly out of our lifes".
"Cheers" We all laughed.

Ten minutes to midnight. Tulip stood up and she sighed. She needed some alcohol as I needed to make burn all of my heels.

"I'm going to drink a beer" She looked at Patrick for a second.
"Hey, babe you can't" He shaked his head, looking at her belly "Its bad for the baby".
"That horrible pony tail you are wearing is also bad to our sexual life" She didn't sit down again "So if you wear a pony tail, I will drink beer, Gavigan".

He looked at her and he sighed. He took off his pony tail and he smiled, while he shaked his long hair.

"I hate you" She sat down and she frowned. She wasn't really angry.
"Hey, you can drink a little swig, OK?" Kizz gave her his bottle and she smiled like a little child on Christmas.

I smiled. Five minutes to 2018. I just wanted 2017 to end up. I mean, it was great! Second grade of Medicine was too easy to me, but I that year was keeping something great to me. I knew it.

"TULIP?" I rised my eyes when I saw Kizz's beer empty.
"In eight months I'm going to be a mommy and I won't drink any beer. But now, I'm going to" She smiled. 31 days without drinking a beer were too difficult to her. She was already drunk. She looked at Patrick and she touched his hair "Did I ever tell you how hot you are?".

He rolled his eyes. At the end I was having fun. It was funny to see her drunk.

"TWO MINUTES LEFT!" The bar's owner yelled.
"Pattie" Tulip looked at him and she smiled wide "Marry me".
"What?" He raised an eyebrow.
"I want to marry you, Patrick Gavigan" She just smiled, she looked excited.
"You are drunk" He rolled his eyes.
"I'm... I'm not! I have the ring" She searched in her jean and she showed us a ring "I have everything prepeared, Pat. I just want... I want to marry you".

Everyone in there was looking at them.

"Will you marry me?" She asked again.
"HAPPY NEW YEAR" What? How could people be so freaking annoying! We are in the middle of a proposal!
"I will" Patrick smiled and kissed his very drunk girlfriend.

2018, here we go!