The Very First Proposal In A Labor

The Groom To Be:

I was proud of her. I mean, she was married and she was within a month to became a mother to a baby girl.

We were sitting down on a bench. We were waiting to Inés to arrive, she was studying for an important text in the University.

"I was wondering, Princess" She looked at me. I liked Princess. It was weird to me to be called Kizz of Michael, my real name. I just loved to be called Princess. Maybe because takes me back to my childhood.
"No, I'm not gay" I smiled. 18 years later, I knew all her jokes.
"Is not that" She said, smiling while she rolled her eyes. She touched her belly "I know you are thinking about proposing her what you and I know".

I freezed for a second. How the hell did she know everything single thing I think? Then I reminded that she is Tulip Sheppard (no, not Tulip Sheppard. She is Tulip Sweeney), and she just knows about everything.

"I am" I nodded.
"When? Where? How?" She looked at me, excited.
"I don't know. Maybe today" I said, shruging.
"Do you have a ring?" She asked, and inmediatly after she gave me her ring.

I rolled my eyes and then I saw Inés walking down the street. She was wearing a dress, that flowers dress that I loved the most.

"What happens if she doesn't want to marry me?" I asked. Inmediatly after I had a flashback. More or less three years ago, with her. It made me smile.
"She will. She is not like the other twenty, I promess" I think she also reminded it.
"I'll do it..." I smiled.
"Come on, Princess" She nodded her head and she sighed, she was nervous.
"I thought I was a tiger" I said, I didn't understand why she changed the dialogue.
"You are. But you will always be my Princess" She smiled.

I would have never expect that answer from my friend's mouth. I huged her and then I understood why every single guy on Earth could love her: she was lovely.

"OK. Stop, or she will think you are in love with me and then she will hate both of us" She smiled "I know im too hot, but babe, I'm a grown ass married woman".

Then she stood up and she approached Inés. She huged her and she told something to my girlfriend. She looked surprised but anyways she let Tulip go.

Inés arrived and she sat down beside me, smiling. She had no idea of what I was going to do. I still had Tulip's ring in my jeans, so I breathed deep and I thought about all that stuff. Did I wanted a wedding? Of course I was in love with her. She was my other half. But I wasn't sure about this.

"Are you OK?" Inés asked.
"Of course" We both smiled and then I knew I needed to have that smile with me every morning.
"Why did Tulip left?".
"I... Well... I mean... She left because she wanted to, but she did it for a reason" I didn't know what I was saying "I needed to tell you something so important" Then I thought about Tulip's voice "dont say that or she will think you are breaking up with her. Go, Princess".
"Well... So tell me" She laughed.
"Will you... Will you...?" A phone sound made me stop and I wanted to kill the one who was calling me.

"Tulip" has called you.

I looked at Inés. Why was she calling me? I was in the middle of a freaking proposal!

"Tulip?" I asked and I waited for an answer.
"Baboon" I heard. She sounded weird.
"Baboon?" I repeated.
"Ba-boon" She said.

I undertood it all. I looked at Inés and I just stood up.

"Are you serious, Lauren Sheppard?" I just looked at Inés.
"Kizz... I don't want to sound so ornery and so on, but I'm in labor. I'm literally in the most painful moment of a woman's life, and I don't have car... So could you please just come here and take me to the hospital?" She just said that. She didn't sound nervous, or excited. Just sounded as Tulip sounds: comically.

We both stood up and we ran down street until we saw her. She was laying on a bench, with closed eyes. I looked at Inés.

"Tulip" I crouched down.
"Call an ambulance" She said, without looking at me "A little creature is going to go out from my asshole".
"Stand up" I said.
"What the hell happens if I can't?" She looked at me. Even if she was on pain, she still smiled, with her typical smile.
"I'm calling an ambulance" Inés took her phone.

***

The ambulance was big enough for us. Inés was talking with Patrick. He was driving to the hospital.

"Did you have the time to told her?" She asked.
"I didn't. But don't you worry. This is more important" I smiled. I was a bit worried about her.
"Of couse I worry" She rolled her eyes "Inés come here. You boyfriend has something to tell you, and I have something to tell to my husband".

Inés gave her the phone and she started talking with Pat.

"Are you seriously nervous, Pat?" She said "Come on, be a man!".

I looked at the nurse who was beside us and inmediatly after that, she nailed a syringe in her arm. I looked at her, but then I saw how Tulip calmed down.

"Do you know how dangerous is to give morphine to a pregnant woman?" Inés said.
"Are you studying Medicine?" She looked at Inés up and down.
"I am" The nurse didn't answer.

I looked back at Tulip. She was smiling at me.

"Did I ever tell you how hot you are?" She laughed.
"She is high" Inés sihged.
"What are you wishpering, Inés?" She looked at my girlfriend "You look so beautiful. I sometimes want to become a lesbian, you know? But then I think about penis and everything changes" She smiles.

I looked at Inés. She was kinda smiling.

"Princess, you had something to tell to her, didn't you?" She looked at me.
"Tulip..." I wishpered.
"He wanted to marry you" Tulip rised an eyebrow and smiled "He has the ring in his jeans".

Inés looked at me, pale. I thought "well, here we go". I took Tulip's ring and I gave it to Inés, smiling. I think we didn't need any word else. Just a "yes".

"Well..." Inés smiled.
"Come on, girl. Marry him! Your high friend is waiting for a yes" The nurse told her.

Tulip nodded her head and then she looked at him.

"Come on... He is so sweet. Look at those chunky cheeks" Tulip touched my cheeks, and I smiled. I shaked my head.

Inés laughed and she nodded. Wait... she nodded!

"I will".