~9~

She Way Out ~ 9

After getting dressed and Luke convincing Lucinda that he was in fact a man and not a 'boy', the two settled on top of her bed and scrolled through her Netflix. Luke still couldn't get over the fact that Lucinda was acting as if nothing had ever happened, they were talking as if they were still close friends.

"How about Killers?" Lucinda asked. The game consul controller was in her hand as she flicked the button side wards with her thumb. "Its about a spy husband and he quits being a spy but then they go after him, similar to Mr&Mrs Smith." Lucinda paused to look at Luke but he just scrunched his face and shook his head.

"What about Zombieland?" Luke pointed exaggeratedly. He has always loved that film ever since it was released in 2009, it also happened to be the movie that had introduced Luke to his obsession of Twinkies.

"We've watched that way too many times Luke, don't you ever get bored of it?" Luke just scoffed at her and stood from the bed. He lifted the snapback from his head, messed up his hair a little more and then placed the hat back on himself again. Lucinda couldn't help but admire his messy bed-head like hair, she wondered what it would be like if he stayed the night.

She quickly shook the slightly inappropriate thoughts out of her head  and watched Luke leave her room and go down her stairs. She quickly got up and followed him as panic cursed through her body. Was it something I said? she thought.

When she had got downstairs and saw him sitting on the kitchen table with his phone pressed to his ear and a new soda can in front of him, she sighed of relief.  She just passed him and gave a questioning look before going into the fridge and grabbing a few mozzarella sticks that she had bought from McDonalds the day before. (If your local McDonalds doesn't sell these you seriously need to re-evaluate your living situations.)

"Uh-Can I get a large cheese and Tomato Pizza, chicken strips, garlic pizza bread, potato wedges and two boxes of cookies please?" Luke spoke into the phone which made Lucinda's eyes widen. She only had the twenty pounds that her mom had left her so how could they pay for all that? Sure she had more money but she never carries cash around with her, just her card.

"Okay thanks," Luke pulled the phone away and hung up as he smiled at Lucinda but she just stared at him blankly. "what?" he shrugged.

"Are you ordering for the whole neighbourhood because I only have twenty pounds cash on me," she practically shouted. Luke just pulled another few notes from the back of his phone case and threw it on the table in front of her. "I asked you to come over here so I should at least pay for the food Luke." She sat across from him on the kitchen island and rested her head in her hands.

"Don't worry about it, it was money for food anyway," he laughed as he took the last two mozzarella sticks and chewed them both at once. She just looked up at him with slight anger in her eyes but when he smiled at her she just threw the empty cheese sticks bag at him and said,

"You piss me right off."