Chapter 3

Living in a Jumble of Wishes

Chapter 3

Because of all the texting I did with Zack last night, I was even more excited for school the next morning. I couldn’t stop smiling all morning as I got dressed. I bet all the girls at school will be jealous if they found out that Zack talked and flirted with me last night.

Things seem to be going better than they usually did at school.

I wasn’t really expecting to become friends with the populars, especially not from the first day! That is so awesome!

Maybe I was meant to be in their group ever since we started high school but they never noticed that I belonged in their group.

Oh well it doesn’t matter. At least they did now and we still had two years of high school to go.

Soon, everyone at school would know my name like they know the names of the other ten members. I would be the eleventh member and I would be more popular than the rest of them because everyone would be curious about how I became one of them now, and not back in freshman year.

On my way to school, I thought about what subject I have first period and gasped when I noticed that I have been too busy texting Zack yesterday that I forgot to do my physics homework!

It was the first physics homework he gave us this year. Way to make a good first impression, I thought as I made my way to my locker. I shouldn’t have forgotten! Too late now, though, I thought.

I jumped when someone’s hand fell on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Zack smiling at me.

“Hey,” he said casually, the smile still on his face.

“Hi,” I replied, blushing slightly.

“You’re looking cute today,” He said, giving me his charming smile.

I raised an eyebrow at him, ignoring my extreme happiness at the compliment. “Are you implying that I don’t look cute every day?”

He eyes widened slightly and he shook his head vigorously. “No! No! I didn’t mean it like that! I-I was just—”

I laughed, cutting him off. “I’m just kidding,” I said. “And thanks.”

He let out a relieved sigh then shot me a glare. “That was mean.”

I rolled my eyes at him. “It was funny.”

He pinched my cheek and I slapped his hand. I then stopped walking when I got to my locker and he stopped as well.

I smiled slightly. I wasn’t expecting him to wait for me to get my stuff.

I took out the books I needed then we walked outside since it was still early for class. We talked and joked for a bit till the bell rang. A voice at the back of my mind was telling me that I should take this time to do the physics homework but I kept on ignoring it because I wanted to spend more time with Zack. Right now, getting to know Zack was much more important that a stupid physics homework and a first impression.

When I got to my seat in class, I noticed that Carla and Kate were scowling at me.

“What’s up?” I asked, confused.

“Where were you? We waited for ten minutes at your locker and we called twice but you didn’t pick up,” Carla accused.

“Sorry,” I said, shrugging. “I was with Zack outside and my phone is silent.”