II

-----
II - Mild Violence
-----

Taehyung was still shaken up when he left the others. Hoseok was the only one who was sick with worry, the others were worried, but only to a certain extent. They believed there was nothing wrong with the house and he would be perfectly fine. Hoseok insisted he take Taehyung home and tried to convince him to let him comfort him. Taehyung allowed Hoseok to walk with him to his house because Hoseok lives around the corner, but kept declining the invitation to keep him company. He already knew what was waiting at home. 

"Are you sure, Taehyung?" Hoseok asked him when they stood outside of Taehyung's small house. He nodded in return. 

"I'll see you on Monday." With that Taehyung left Hoseok alone on the pavement. When he was about to close the front door behind himself, he noticed Hoseok watching him. The worry was evident on his face, Hoseok knew something had happened in the house. Before closing the door, Taehyung gave Hoseok a small smile. The smile disappeared instantly when he smelt the strong stench of alcohol. 

He walked into the living room to see his mother with a glass of whiskey in her hand. Taehyung knew she was already drunk by her cloudy eyes and the empty bottles of whiskey lying around the coffee table. On the carpet was a smashed whiskey bottle with whiskey stains on the carpet. That's where the smell's from, he thought. Letting out a sigh he rushed past his mother to open the windows in the living room. 

"Taehyung~" He heard her sing his name behind him. He proceeded to ignore her while picking up the shards of glass from the floor. "Tae Tae~" He continued to ignore her throwing the shards into the rubbish bin, careful not to cut his fingers. After mixing dish washing liquid with warm-water he took a cloth, wetting it and began to dab the stain on the carpet. She kept speaking to him, complaining about the draft from the windows making the room cold, and repeatedly trying to get his attention. When he finished dabbing the stain, he mixed white vinegar with warm water and sprayed it. Taehyung knew the ritual from back to front - he's done it day after day. While cleaning up the mess in the kitchen he made as well as rinsing the cloth he used, he heard a loud noise from the living room. 

He left what he was doing and looked to see his mother had fallen onto the floor while walking because she was too drunk. 

"What were you doing?" He complained while picking her up by her arms. 

"Oh Taehyung~ It's cold," She slurred and he could smell the alcohol on her breath causing him to try hide his expression of disgust at the smell. He silently put her back onto the couch and closed the windows a fraction, but left them slightly open. He rushed up the stairs to his bedroom, locking the door behind him. He fell back onto his bed, looking up at the ceiling. He could only think about the girl at the house. And the dolls. The doll of himself. He couldn't forget the promise that he would have to go back tomorrow. Sighing, he rolled onto his side closing his eyes. Before he fell asleep all he could think about were her dead black eyes.

-----

Taehyung woke up early the next morning with a splitting headache. Groggily he climbed out of bed while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. First thing he did was head down the stairs to clean up the mess his mother undoubtedly made in his absence. He was surprised that he didn't find her sleeping on the couch or sprawled out on the floor like almost every morning. Sighing he picked up the glass bottles and glass she drank out of. He threw away the empty bottles and began to rinse the glass out when he heard someone yawn as they shuffled into the kitchen. 

He looked over his shoulder to see his mother, her eyes were bloodshot and she was holding her forehead. Probably a headache from drinking, Taehyung assumed.