IV

-----
IV
-----

Taehyung left the house where the girl lived early to be in time for school, while avoiding all the students that will begin arriving soon. The girl had agreed to allow him to continue going to school, only so it wouldn't arouse suspicion. However, he had to agree that he would be back at the house within half an hour after the school day had ended. 

His phone was just about dead, but he decided to check it in case anyone was trying to contact him. Looking through his phone, he noticed there was nothing from his mother. He felt a bit bothered about not hearing from her, it made him feel as though she didn't care about him anymore. Sighing while he put his phone back into his pocket after turning it off he saw the other students beginning to arrive. He wasn't in the mood to put up with anyone other than his bunch of annoying friends. 

Opening the classroom door, Taehyung headed straight to his desk, taking his seat in front of Hoseok who wasn't there yet. Jungkook was busy teasing Jimin while Yoongi was trying to sleep, Namjoon was busy writing something Taehyung didn't know what it was, and Seokjin was absorbed in playing New Super Mario Bros on his Nintendo DS. To Taehyung it would have been any old average day if only he didn't have to go back to that house. 

The teacher entered the classroom asking for everyone to keep quiet. It was the same teacher that had given Taehyung detention for not having his assignment ready on Friday. He noticed that the teacher was carrying a pile of papers. 

"I'll be handing back your-" The teacher was interrupted by the door of the classroom being opened and Hoseok running in. "Sorry I'm late, Sir," Hoseok apologised. The teacher looked at him for a moment.

"It's fine, just don't let it happen again. Now please take your seat," The teacher instructed and Hoseok nodded his head, taking his seat behind Taehyung. 

"Hey where were you this morning?" Hoseok whispered to Taehyung when he sat down. Taehyung wanted to hit himself. He forgot to meet Hoseok, they meet up outside his house everyday before school and he had forgotten. 

"I'm sorry, I forgot." He whispered back to Hoseok who nodded in return. The two boys then turned their attention back to the teacher. 

"Now as I was saying," He continued, "I'll be handing back your Mathematics tests back. They're in no particular order except for the two highest marks in the class." Taehyung as well as the other boys already knew who had the highest mark. 

"Namjoon, has the top mark." The teacher announced and Namjoon stood up, taking his script from the teacher, thanking him. All of his friends gave him a thumbs up to show their support, although all of them already knew he would have the top mark. 

"Second highest was Taehyung." The teacher sounded spiteful when he spoke Taehyung's name. Taehyung was surprised that he had the second highest mark. He took his script back from the teacher, nodding his thanks still surprised. When he took his seat he felt Hoseok pat his back. 

"Well done," Hoseok whispered to him. Taehyung looked over at him blankly before mumbling a 'Thank you.' 

-----

After the class had ended the group of boys headed towards the cafeteria. Taehyung wasn't hungry, and the rest of the boys stood in the line to collect food. 

"I'll go get our table," Taehyung announced to the group of boys who were busy among themselves. 

"You sure? You're not hungry?" Seokjin asked him like a mother. Taehyung nodded before heading in the direction of the table they usually sat at during their breaks in the corner. He sat alone with just his thoughts, which were still a mumbled mess, until his friends returned with their food.