IX

-----
IX
-----

Taehyung went to school the following week. He hadn't seen the girl since Saturday and it gave him an eerie feeling. He hadn't seen her since the time he went into her room.

He waited outside the school's main door. He was worried about what they would ask him about where he had been the past while. He was especially dreading Hoseok and Inseo. They had both seen him and with the girl. He took a deep breath before taking a step onto the marble floor of the passage.

He went straight to his classroom and entered it with his heart pounding against his chest. He felt a wave of relief wash over him when he saw Hoseok hadn't arrived yet, but his other friends were already there.

He sat down at his desk and dropped his bag on the floor, Jungkook heard him and turned around in his seat, abandoning Jimin.

"Tae! You're back!" He exclaimed, his dark eyes smiling in delight. "What was wrong? You never answered your phone!"

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "I was really sick and my phone's dead. The charger broke." Taehyung fibbed, his phone's charger was still with his mother.

"Really, Taehyung?" Taehyung froze as he heard Hoseok's voice ask him from the doorway. Taehyung dared to look up and met Hoseok's gaze. He nodded slowly and Hoseok went to sit down at his desk, not replying to Taehyung.

Taehyung felt a knot in the pit of his stomach. Jungkook shot him a smile before turning around to continue his conversation with Jimin.

Taehyung heard someone's bag drop and looked up to see Inseo run up to him and hug him. At the same time he felt a slight headache come. She pulled away and she gave him a broad smile.

"I've missed you so much!" She confessed, "After school we must hang out! Maybe we could watch a movie? How about Train to Busan?"

Taehyung gave her an unsure smile, the headache worsening by the second. "I don't know-" He was cut off by her.

"Please Taehyung!" She begged, holding his hand and giving him puppy dog eyes.

"He can't, he'll be with me this afternoon." Taehyung heard Hoseok speak up. Taehyung glanced at Hoseok and turned back his attention to the sighing Inseo.

"How about tomorrow then?" Inseo pleaded. Taehyung tried to concentrate on an excuse, but the headache was making it impossible.

Hoseok interrupted the conversation again, "He can't tomorrow. I'm helping him catch up the work he's missing."

Inseo gave up with a sigh. "All right... We can do something some other time then, okay Taehyung?"

Taehyung smiled nervously and nodded. Inseo returned a smile and left to her desk. Hoseok began ignoring Taehyung. He could tell because Hoseok put earphones in his ears and was resting his head of his desk.

Soon it was Drama class, which no one was in the mood for that particular day, especially since it was the lesson before break.

"Please split up into pairs. One girl and one boy per pair. You'll need to make a scene of a couple fighting and how to resolve it." Their Drama teacher instructed. Taehyung sighed and before he knew it, Inseo was hugging his arm.

"Come, Taehyung! Let's practice outside!" She insisted and pulled him outside behind her. Taehyung rubbed his temple and took a deep breath. 

The two of them came up with a script and rehearsed it several times. Soon, the Drama teacher called everyone inside to continue with the lesson where everyone would present. After the first several pairs had gone, it was Hoseok's turn.