XI

-----
XI
-----

Taehyung woke up early the next morning. He showered and looked at the wounds on his arms. They were moderately bad, however he was thankful they were already beginning to heal. He changed into a new set of clothes and snuck out of his bedroom.

He crept down the old staircase and saw the girl still sleeping on the couch. Taehyung stood still and stared at her. Maybe I should stay upstairs until she wakes up? He thought to himself.

He headed up the stairs slowly and silently up the stairs. He turned the corner in the direction of his bedroom, but his eyes landed on the other door. The other door he wasn't allowed in.

Taehyung's curiosity peaked and he began to mentally debate to himself. Should I go in? But what she finds out? She wouldn't kill me, would she? A peak wouldn't hurt? It would, but I want to know what's inside. She's asleep. She won't know.

Taehyung convinced himself to go inside the room and walked slowly towards the door. His soft footsteps echoed the hallway as he walked along the wooden floor. The dark brown wood of the door had an eerie air around it.

He put his hand on the cold metal doorknob and slowly turned it. The door opened with a click and Taehyung opened the door slightly, creeping in and closing the door swiftly behind him. The room was pitch black. There was no window letting light in. Taehyung fumbled against the wall until his hand felt something like a light switch. He flipped it and a dim light turned on.

He turned around and his eyes widened at the sight. The air was stale. The dim light made a buzzing sound every so often. The light was missing a lightshade and hung from the ceiling by its lonesome. The wooden floor was worn down and needed varnishing. The paint on the ceiling and walls was peeling off from the corners of the room.

There were three desks in the room, one against the wall on the right, another against the opposite wall and lastly a desk in the centre at the end of the room. Taehyung walked slowly to the desk on the right and examined it. Dried blood lay on the surface and led down to the wooden floor. The smell of the old blood hit his nose and he pulled his face in disgust. He attempted to ignore the smell and look around the desk.

Stuck to the wall were two boards of equal size next to each other. Below them were stacks of unorganised sheets of paper and books. One board was filled with pictures of boys his age each with a bright red cross across their faces. He scanned the faces, they looked familiar to him however he couldn't put his finger on it. He turned to the next board. There were more pictures of familiar boys with red crosses across them, however the dart board below them caught his eye.

The dart board rested against the wall, but on it was a school photo of Taehyung with a dart through the top. He gulped and averted his eyes. He looked down and saw the sheets of paper with writing sprawled across them.

Kim Taehyung
17 years old.
30 December.
Nickname: V
Friends: Jeon Jungkook, Park Jimin...

Taehyung stopped reading and pulled the top sheet off and looked to the ones under it.

Jung Daehyun.
Byun Baekhyun.
Lee Jihoon.
Kim Sungkyu.
Choi Youngjae.
Yoon Doojoon.

Taehyung stopped reading the names. They were his friends before he met Hoseok. He looked up to the board and saw that all of the familiar faces were pictures of them from recently. Taehyung felt guilty as he thought about how badly they had treated Minae.