Prologue

Note: Partially Edited

Athena Guidici's POV

I never thought that those kidnapping scenes in movies, with an ugly-burly man and a scrawny one standing tall like a twig next to his antonyms, if you know what I mean?

They were both armed with guns, watching their victim will happen to her in real life.

I love action movies. Guns and extreme actions looked exhilarating, but absolutely not for real.

Suddenly, I heard gunshots. I realized it was aimed at the big burly man and the scrawny one standing in the doorway. Both were chatting animatedly and occasionally chuckling.

I was startled at the sudden ringing sound. I screamed, deeply terrified. The smell of the burning metal assaulted my nose, and I stared in terror at the two men. It seemed that the event was in slow motion.

I watched with blurry vision as the two dropped to their knees, hands clutching their chest, blood oozing and staining their white and blue shirts.

My mouth gaped open at the nauseating scene, my throat tightened, and my belly churned. And when my gaze drifted to the blood, like a water top running and flowing onto the floor, I held the urge to throw up. And then, a loud thud echoes in my ears as they drop limply onto the floor.

I refused to look at their eyes. Terror filled them, wide open, as they heaved, gasping.

The big man stretched one free arm while he gurgled incoherent words with his big brown eyes begging.

I know he was asking for help, but I was as shocked.

The color of their faces slowly drained, and then his head dropped on his last breath.

Averting my eyes to the door, I glued my widening eyes that filled with terror on the doorway when I heard commotions and footsteps trudging down in my direction.

My eyes were glistening with tears brimming around my eyelids. Fresh tears kept coming incessantly. My stomach tied in a knot, swimming in the pool of terror.

My heart drummed loudly inside my chest, deafening me. The chaotic noises from outside sounded distant, and my senses were blurred. I felt like I was floating. That everything was just a dream. And I hope to wake up soon.

I blinked my eyes several times, trying to clear my vision. My hands are restrained. My legs were tied, and my hands were tied behind the chair.

"Who are you?" I asked shakily to the vision of a tall, muscular man approaching me.

I blinked the remaining tears and ignored the loud thumping of my heart out of fear.

Fear for my life.

When he got closer, his scent assailed my chaotic senses.

Musk and spice. So potent, I tried to focus on his face because he smelled devastatingly handsome.

His very masculine scent traveled through my brain, and I felt myself being heaved against him. When my eyes clearly had a glimpse of him, I stopped breathing. The loud noises behind the door and the walls ceased, and all I could hear and feel was the overwhelming presence of the man.

I felt like I was kicked in the gut, and the air was sucked out of my lungs.

Instant Attraction?

That is what I felt the moment I saw his face clearly.

The guy wasn't just tall with rippling muscles in all the right places. He was Zeus with the ridiculous gorgeous face and Hades with the dangerous aura radiating off him.

Positively, he is the kind of guy I should fear more, more than my brother.

Although I couldn't specify which I should fear?

Is it for falling for him? Or for the possible danger he will bring?

He doesn't look like the sweet and compassionate guy. He is the perfect epitome of no mercy.

.................................

Giovanni Leone Santorini's POV

When I walked into the doorway, gaze covertly scanning over the room, gun still pointing forward for any threat, and then I saw her.

I thought she was an angel.

For a brief second, my world had stopped.

My heart stopped as I stared at her. Now noticing how frightened she was.

My heart squeezed at the sight of her. So delicate and fucking stunning.

My heart is in my throat.

Am I dead?

Why am I seeing an angel?

The voices behind me snapped me out of my trance.

I briefly ripped my eyes off her and kicked the two men lying on their own pool of blood as I cursed them through gritted teeth.

"Fucking mortadella!" I hissed.

No reaction. Just then, I turned my attention to the restrained angel.

Her voice, laced with terror, reached my ears. The softness and sweet timbre of her voice still are evident. It sounded like an angel minus the terror mixed with it.

"Your knight in shining armor, milady," I wickedly grinned at her as I scanned the stunning woman angel.

Fear doubled and was evident in her eyes.

My temper flared up swiftly when I saw the mark of the rope around the smooth skin of her wrist and legs.

I quickly crouched down so our faces leveled, shoving the gun at the back of my waistband.

I untangled the rope, freeing her hands and legs.

She looks stunned and terrified.

She was so vulnerable, and I ached to protect her... and be mine.

She stared at me with her doe eyes, glistening with unshed tears. "Who are you?" she repeated in a hoarse, shaky voice.

"Giovani Santorini, your savior..." I winked at her, and she looked at me like I was a madman. "And your future lover," I added, my lips curled into a wicked smirk.

I couldn't stop myself from devouring her with my greedy eyes. Dark gaze skimmed her like a chocolate ice cream, looking very tasty, and now, I'm craving.

Just then, I realized what I said, and I probably looked creepy as af!

I'm always creepy. What's new! My dick head reminded me. 

......................................

Please leave your thought. 

I'd like to read your comment, it inspired me.