Chapter 25: Doubt

"In these times I don't, in a manner of speaking, know what I want; perhaps I don't want what I know and want what I don't know."  ― Marsilio Ficino

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...............................

Athena Giudici's POV

              I shut my eyes as I tried to blink back the tears starting to well up around my eyelids. It's just a simple word but has a very deep meaning. "No matter what happen, you always have my heart." I knew there's something wrong. Even though how much I tried to act normal, to drowned it deep down inside of me, the doubt in my heart, it just kept resurfacing.

His words, I know, it has something to do with my suspicion. I know there's something wrong. I could feel it. I pretended I was sleeping as I sense around me, but then my eyes starting to give in to sleep. I felt the covers rise up a little bit right beside me, then the bed slowly rising up as he got off gently. The sleep promptly disappears and I felt suddenly charged. My ears perk up when I heard the shuffling of her clothes as he put it on, then his slow footsteps leaving my room.

My heart beat started picking up a pace. The tears starting to sting around my eyes. He definitely is hiding something from me, and I need to know. At this moment, just the thought of it, I feel breaking.

Please, I'm just paranoid. Nothing is going on, and he's not hiding anything from me. He is innocent. I squeeze my eyes shut as I tried to slam back down the doubt growing in my chest.

I waited for a moment if he comes back. Minutes passed and there was no sign of footsteps coming. I decided to follow him. I tiptoed out of my room and down to the living room. I was about to turn to the living room from the last step of the staircase when I heard him from behind me.

Stop and stood rooted to the ground. "I want him dead!" His voice is controlled, rather ensnared with menace though barely above a whisper, however, it brought ominous feeling in my heart. I shuddered inside. Even without looking at his direction, I could feel the ominous anger radiating off him, filling the dead room. Every fiber in my body rises with the fear suddenly filled me. Just as this moment, I realized he is dangerous, deadly and merciless.

Who is he want dead?

"There's nothing can stop me now. I will get justice in any way." His voice visibly quaver, yet it was full of determination and desperation. He made a short paused. I still felt glued on the floor. My body seems not responding and just my sense of hearing that was functioning at the moment. "I will make sure that he will suffer more than he did to my.." he paused, then suddenly my blood rushes in all my nerves endings as I felt his eyes venturing around him. I promptly step back a few steps up the stairs and hid behind the wall that's covering the staircase. I was clutching my chest as I tried not to squeak in fear. I thought I would never feel this again after that horrendous tragedy. My heartbeat pounding inside my ribcage and I'm starting to break out cold sweat. I shut my eyes trying to calm my nerves. He was silent for a second, then I heard muffling whispers, however, I could still hear his dark tone, I was never familiar with, lethal and detach. It is a voice I would never want to hear. 

"...al nascondiglio," (...at the hideout) I heard him said and then his approaching footstep. His sinister voice reaches my head, my thoughts, whispering in my ears like haunting ghosts and screams to run, away from him. And just like that, everything sunk in my head, he is coming to my direction. I quickly ran upstairs as quiet as I could, with my heart racing rapidly in fear of being caught, straight to my room and jumps on my bed quickly, pulling the bed covers up over my head, hiding.