Chapter 34: Surprise

"A flower cannot blossom without the sunshine, and man cannot live without love." - Max Muller

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

................................

Giovanni Leone, Santorini's POV

               I FINISHED all the documents for the week and tried to do more, but my head was still reeling with why Enna is at the walk-in clinic. Vito nor Sai hasn't reported anything yet. I even sent all the necessary information to the police to keep Salvo behind the bars, but not all that I know. I hated him, but my love for his daughter left me torn between leaving him free or getting the justice I always wanted.

I decided to call Dick 1. "Why is Ms. Giudici at the clinic?" I barked as soon as the call connected.

"She's pregnant, sir. According to the doctor."

Pregnant?

My heart suddenly hyperventilates as soon as the word sunk in my head. I wanted to scream with joy. I felt like I won a lottery. I felt so damn ecstatic.

I'm going to be a daddy! Yes, I'm going to be a daddy. I was mentally doing a fist pump.

"How did you know?" I asked with my voice softening, concealing the warm sensations overflowing throughout my whole system.

"I pretended I was her boyfriend, sir-"

"You, WHAT?" Suddenly, I felt enrage.

"I-I a-am sorry, s-sir. I thought it's t-the e-easiest way to know it. The doctor doesn't want to tell me because of confidentiality, but when I pretended to be her boyfre-"

"SHUT UP!"

I hated it, but he was right. Still, I don't like the idea.

Her Boyfriend?

No one can claim her as his girlfriend, even just for pretense!

"YOU ARE FIRED!" Then I hang up the phone. I dialed Vito's number.

"Speak," I heard Vito's growled on the other line.

"Change plan. Plan B,"

"Is there anything that made your mind change?" Vito asked.

"She's pregnant!" I said enthusiastically. I'm feeling like I was floating on a cloud nine.

"Dick told you already?" Vito asked surprised.

"I called him since none of you reported it to me yet." I scowled at oblivion. I was bouncing on my seat, like a boy who just got his favorite presents. I'm so ecstatic.

"I'm so going to fire that fucker," Vito mumbled and my forehead puckered into deep folds.

Cocking my eyebrow I responded. "I already did," in a nonchalant voice.

"YOU WHAT?"

"That's exactly my line when he told me he pretended to be Enna's boyfriend.

"FUCK YOU, GIO! He just did his job!" Vito growled and I knew I was impulsive. I already fired him. I can't hire him back.