Chapter 14: Opening Up

"I'm not going anywhere, Gio. I will never leave you, not until you tell me so. I promise!" -- Athena Giudici

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...........................

Athena Giudici's POV

"We are going back to New York, Bambolina. I have several board meetings the day after tomorrow. So we have a full day tomorrow and then we can leave at night," says Gio as he made a tentative sip of his red wine. I nodded and then resumed eating. Making another bite of the tender chicken. I was staring at my plate when I remember how my life turns 360 degrees. I instantly have a boyfriend, then a live-in partner in a matter of 24 hours. He really moves so fast. No wonder he's one of the top businessmen in New York.

My day with him was never been dull. It's always interesting. We argue, but then at the end, we end up making love.

"What do you want to do tomorrow, Bambolina?" I look up at Gio and tried to think of something to do. We had done snorkeling today and cruising along the island and the neighboring island. "Probably just relaxing at the shore; just lay under the sun, and swim at the beach," I said, uncertain of what I really wanted to do.

"Alright," he nodded then popped a piece of chicken in his mouth. "And oh, I have some business meeting tonight, too, at the mainland. I will be back home late, tonight," he continued as he grabs his water and drink it.

He's leaving me again. Since we arrived here, every night, he's in the city. "Are you sure, it's not a monkey business?" I raise my eyebrow with suspicion.

"You're not really jealous of that girl, are you?" Gio burst into a fit of laughter. And so now, he finds it funny. This dick thought it was funny. "What's so funny, Santorini?" I leaned my back against the chair and crosses my hands on my chest as I stared at him, humorless.

He stifled his laughter and looks at me warily. "You are not really jealous over her, are you bambolina? She's just a business partner and besides, she's just like my mom. She's too old for me, baby." He explained apprehensively.

"I hope, Gio." I mumbled and then sit upright and finish my wine.

I remember to call my parents after dinner. I haven't talked to them since we arrived here. After all the ruckus Gio did, shooting and arguing after, not to mention, make-up sex after the war, everything lost in my mind.

I snap my head up when I heard the sound of the chair. Suddenly, Gio stood up in haste, almost toppling the chair backward. My eyebrows met in curiosity and our eyes met. He rounded the table and pulled the chair beside me and sat, scooting the chair even closer and he snakes his hands around my waist. I sat there frozen and confused.

"I love you, bambolina. So much," and he kissed me while I was watching him, rather gawking at him incredulously.

"What's that for?" I asked. Alright, I should just say I love you too, but that's just so sudden. We are talking serious here, and out of the blue, he turns a sugar-coated Gio. If he wants sex, I'd just give in not so long ago, as far as I remember.

His dark thick eyebrow quirked. No matter what facial expression he does, he always looks so irresistible and undeniably gorgeous. Such a perfect specimen. I can't believe such Giovanni Santorini, almost half of the world women's population desired to have, and now, he's my boyfriend. How sweet is that?

"Can't I be sweet to my girlfriend and soon to be the mother of my soccer team?" His melodic, deep and rich timbre is like a sweet symphony in my ears. Just even his voice he could make me feel mushy inside. Why? Isn't it's so unfair?