Chapter 12: Hot and Cold

"She gives me hot and cold fever, then she leaves me in a cool, cool sweat." - Queen

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...................................................

Giovanni Leone Santorini's POV

         Okay, I completely messed it up. I screwed it big time. I shot an innocent security because he innocently stared at her, and jealousy just blurred my rational head. Everything I see was red. I wasn't myself anymore.

My whole body was shaking with rage and jealousy. Ears burning up, muscles are all tense up. I felt like my heart was going to blast from all the blood rushing through my heart, pounding loudly against my ribcage. 

Rage is an understatement.

Now, that rage washes over fear. Fear of losing her completely. At the very moment, she's royally pissed at me.

Not just pissed. She is royally enraged and because of my foolish behavior.

I turned around after leaving them all a deadly look, then I followed her inside. I knew it'a going to be a long damn suffering against her wrath.

"Fuck, fuck Gio. You are stupid!" I mumbled as I pace along the pathway to the entrance of the house. 

"Bambolina!" I called out on her back, but she didn't bother to look behind her. Her pace speeds up even more.

"Cazzo!" I hissed as I trudge up the staircase in haste. As soon as I got closer our bedroom, she slams the door in my face. 

"Cazzo, fighe!" (Fuck, pussies!) I cursed.

I tried to turn the knob, but it was locked. I knock. "Please, open the door, Enna. Let's talk." I tried to sound calm, but still my voice came out cold.

I hear nothing behind the door. My temper is slowly rising. "Let's talk Enna. I know, I was impulsive. I was jealous. I told you already ..." I said frustratedly as I knock again.

Again, I heard nothing.

"Bambolina?" My voice softens. My heart is pounding loudly. Worst things starting to flashed in my head. I pounded hand with my gun against the door several times. "Open the goddamn door, Enna or I will break this fucking door. Mi senti?" (Do you hear me?). 

Again, there's no sound coming from behind the door. My heart is already beating so fast that I thought I'm gasping with air. I'm breaking with cold sweats, with fear of what terrible things may happen to her inside our room.

I pointed the gun on the knob as I made several steps before firing it once. The knob blasted and I quickly push the door open. I heard her screams and that's when I felt relieved.

She was standing on the balcony clutching her chest, startled. When she saw me, her eyes filled with fear. I suddenly felt broken, seeing her staring at me with fear.

I don't know how to start a conversation. I don't know if I need to apologize. "Don't come close to me, Santorini because I don't know you! You are not the Giovanni I know. Giovanni Santorini, my boyfriend is not a killer!" She croaked as she steps back.

I stop and stared at her with a breaking heart. I absolutely screwed it up, big-shot. She just called me a killer and I felt like my heart was stabbed and twinge with a sharp knife, painfully, again and again.

Idiot, stupid, Gio. I inwardly cursed myself. My heart is tightening as her words sunk in my head. 

"I'm sorry." I uttered softly, regrets blended in my voice. Fear is crawling in my gut. I knew my face was marred with the rawest pain.