Chapter 17: The Guidici's

WARNING: CONTAINS MATURE SCENES... FOR 18+ ONLY.

"That was a long time ago, and it's not even a love. It's just a plain stupid infatuation. I was too innocent back then!" -- Athena Guidici

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.........................................

Athena Guidici's POV

         "Mom, stop asking. You're making him uncomfortable!" I hissed at mom barely above a whisper. Mom just shrugs it off and kept on asking things. Gio was sports enough not to show his irritation. I don't know how could he manage to talk so casual. I know this topic regarding his family, is making him uncomfortable and edgy, but it seems my family couldn't see that weary and irritation in his eyes. He gave them a tight smile and I could feel the tension in him.

"Mr. Santorini wouldn't mind, honey. Right, dear?" Mom asked Gio and Gio nodded his head, but I could see the reluctance in his eyes though he's smiling stiffly.

"I don't mind at all, Mrs. Guidici." Hard and clipped tone but mom didn't notice it or too happy not to notice the difference between his tone and his words.

If I knew this would happen, I wouldn't have brought him here. Gosh, my family are just something. I remember my brother or cousin Angelo. If he's here, he would surely grind him with questions, makes him feel so uncomfortable. He did it to Zander, too, when I brought him here for the first time. Zander almost quit. Their only difference is that Gio is very skillful in masking his emotions, unlike Zander.

"I'm sorry about your family, Gio," Dad looks so sorry as he looks at Gio with a sullen face. He looks a bit quiet tonight. It's odd.

Gio just spared him a small smile. I would have believed it was sincere if I don't know him well. He looks alright, but I could feel he's not.

"Alright guys, why don't we talk something else? This topic is just getting depressing, shall we?" I gave everyone a suggestive smile and they all nodded and relief filled me.

I felt Gio's hand curled around my waist and rub my waist up and down. I knew he was silently thanking me. I gave him a small and sorry smile, and he smiled back and I know this time it was genuine.

"I can't reach Bell yet. I don't know what happened to your best friend. All of a sudden, she disappeared," dad remarks as he shifted his gaze to me while tentatively sipping on his wine. I look at my dad. I know he was anxious to help my brother to get out from that cell as soon as possible. I want him out of the bars soon, too.

"I emailed her dad. I can't reach her phone either. I just hope she's fine." I felt suddenly worried.

"Isn't she's back in Russia?" Mom butted in and we all look at her.

"You didn't eat much, bambolina." I heard Gio's whispered against my earlobe and all the fibers in my body stood up when his breath kisses my skin. I didn't hear what my dad said to mom since all my attention averted to Gio.

"I'm still eating, babe." I responded and I felt his lips connected to my earlobes making me feel so hot suddenly. Then, I felt like we have an audience and when I look around, my eyes landed to my dad who was staring at us with disapproval. I almost rolled my eyes.

He continued eating without a single word, and I was grateful.

............................................

The dinner was done and we are all in the living watching football, Cincinnati versus Pittsburgh and all the men's attention was on the big flatscreen, screaming and booing at each other. It's playoffs according to Gio and I don't understand a thing about it.