2. A startling change?

"Ramu kaka... Ramu kaka...Plz come out... Where are you???" someone shouted from the hall.

Kaka: Kya hua RANDHIR beta? Why are you shouting?? U need something?

Randhir: No kaka... Nothing. I'm just going out. If mom calls, plz don't tell her the truth. Tell her that I'm sleeping... Okay??

Kaka: Arey ese kese? How can I lie??? No no beta!! This is not going to happen.

Randhir: kaka...plz na?? If she comes to know that I'm going out this late at night, she'll break my head... I'm grown up kaka. Nothing will happen.

Kaka: Haan haan!!! I accept what you said. Par beta...

Randhir: Thank you kaka... Love you so much!!

He didn't let him complete but ran away taking his car keys and Kaka sighed in defeat.

================================

Hard rock cafe
Mumbai

Randhir- Hey guyz!!! What's going on? Why you people look so dull???
(he asked his friends as he entered their usual hangout spot)

Parth- Randhir... You are asking why we are dull?? Like... Really? We will be getting our board results tomorrow yaar... We are extremely freaked out!!!

Vidushi- Parth!! He won't understand this. He will be the topper anyway. He need not worry about the results.
But my biggest fear is... After the results, we will get admissions in different colleges. We might not be able to spend time together like this (she made a sad face)

Randhir- Chudail... Don't worry!!! We were together. We are together. And we will be together forever as buddies. I have arranged everything. We are going to FITE. The most prestigious college of India.(he informed them with a smirk)

Vidushi's jaw dropped.

Vidushi- Are you serious? U mean we are going to Delhi? Yesss yesss yesss...
(She jumped in joy) Me, Randhir and Parth... It will be perfect!!!

"What about me then?" Someone spoke from behind.

Everybody turned back and saw a cute bubbly girl standing with a pout. She had a straight long hair and was wearing a loose top and a floral pant.

Parth- Yeah... How can we go anywhere without you? Come Sanyu... (He signalled her to come and smiled)

Randhir rolled his eyes in irritation. Sanyukta came running and settled beside Randhir, adding to his annoyance.

Randhir- Oyi... Don't you have any other place to sit? Why are you so annoying always?

Sanyukta- But what did I do now? I'm just sitting beside you. Why do you always shout at me?

Randhir- you know what??? You are...
(He started)

Parth- Guyz guyz stop... First we will order something to eat. (they ordered and waited for the food to come.)

Meanwhile...

Sanyu- Tukku... Why didn't you tell me that we are going to FITE? And are we going to stay in hostel or our guest house there? When are we going? You already spoke to Harsh uncle about this?

Randhir- Oh my god. Can you please stop your never ending questions? First of all... Don't call me Tukku. How many times should I tell you that? And next, who said you are coming with us? You are not coming to Delhi. Let me live in peace atleast there. You have already irritated me for 16 years. Not anymore...

Sanyu- Tukku, this is not at all fair yaar... How can you people leave me alone here and go? No no... I'm also coming. I'll never disturb you there. I'll be a very good girl. Pakka promise. Please please please...

Parth- We will discuss this later Sanyu. See...food has come. Let's eat first.

"Okay..." She said happily and they had their food.

Time flew with chatting, eating and mocking Sanyukta. She never took them seriously. She was always a happy-go-lucky girl. They didn't notice the time until the manager informed them that its time to close the shop. It was already half past 11.

Vidushi and Parth took leave as they had come in his bike. After pestering Randhir for a long time, he agreed to drop Sanyukta at her home. The journey went on with Sanyukta blabbering all the way and Randhir shouting at her to shut up. Finally they reached her place.

Sanyukta- Thank you Tukku( he stared at her) umm... I mean Randhir. Call me once you reach home. Don't drive fast okay?? Don't go by that short route. Its not safe. And...

Randhir- Enough of your bakbak... I know how to take care of myself. You need not advise. So have your suggestions with yourself. Good bye!
Stupid!!( he murmured the last word under his breathe and drove back)

Sanyu- Good night Sadu (she said looking at the retreating car and smiling at herself)

================================

He was ringing the door bell for the umpteenth time. At last the door opened...

Randhir- Kaka, how much time do you take to... ( he stopped in the middle on seeing his mother. He then spoke with a little fear)
Mom... When did you come??

Renuka (with a stern face)- Where were you? What took you this much time to reach home?

Randhir- Mom relax... I was in Parth's house. We were discussing about our college and other stuff. Nothing else.

Renuka- Enough of your lies Randhir. I know where you were. Sanyu told me everything. You people went for an outing right? Me and your dad were out of town only for 3 days. But... Jusss just leave it. I don't wanna spoil my mood by advising you...(she said in a breathe)

Harsh- Renu stop blaming our son(he said coming out of their room) I know him very well... What if he comes late??? Come on... What's the big deal!!!
(Looking at Randhir) Beta, You are getting your board results tomorrow right?? All the best!!! I'm sure you will be the topper anyway(he touched Randhir's head affectionately)

Randhir- Thank you dad...
(Looking at his mom, with a pleading tone) mom, you won't wish me good luck??? Come on mom... This is not fair??? What have I done now? I went out without telling you na??? Acha sorry!! Okay???

Renuka- Acha chalo... Apology accepted!!! But here after, don't go anywhere without telling me!!! Okay??(he nodded in agreement and she smiled)
All the best beta!! Rock it!! (she wished excitedly)

Randhir- Thank you mom and dad!!! Okay... I'm really sleepy... Gunnite!!!

Harsh&Renu (in unison)- Gunnite beta!!

Till next time,
Bubbye!!!

Lolita😘