16. Broken promises

The main story begins from this part! :) No proof reading done. Kindly ignore the typos!
Happy reading 💖

Rocking her up and down, Randhir lulled her to sleep like an expert, his hands stroking her tresses every now and then. Her hot breathes on his neck created weird sensations inside him. But Randhir shook his head to get rid of his wild thoughts.

After ensuring that Sanyukta was in deep slumber, Randhir carried her to bed and placed her down with all care not to disturb her sleep. He himself settled beside her and clasped their hands. Just a look at her serene face made him forget the world. Removing those annoying strands from her forehead, he observed her beauty in the moon light. Wet eyelashes, perfect eyebrows, red nose, her supple cheeks which were still moist. How does she manage to look so beautiful even in such a distressed state?? A real Damsel in Distress!

His mind rewound the entire day's happenings and his face bore a cute smile. It felt almost like THEIR day. Their intense fight in the morning, their cute eye lock, his promise to be with her, their shopping time, their hand-in-hand moments and his moronic prank. Its indeed one of the best days of his life. Suddenly he remembered the rapid fire contest that took place in the mall and his face turned serious.

"You know what Sanyukta??" he was talking to the her. "Don't think that you'll be right all the time. You were wrong today. Very wrong! Sandhya was not my first love. In fact, I didn't love her, nor anyone else. The only girl I loved in my life was yo..." he left the sentence incomplete and stood up as he recollected something. He can't do this. He definitely can't do this.

"But you are fooling yourself! What you are doing is simply stupid and brainless. This is Kiddish Randhir!" his heart screamed at him.

"No. I don't want her" his mind retorted back as he left the room in a hurry.

************************************
3 Months Later

3 months passed down the horizon. Being a part of the dream-team, they couldn't spend much time on travelling daily. So Randhir, Vidharth and Sanyukta had shifted to the college hostel and they would go back to their guesthouse only if they get time during weekends. Life was smooth and harmonious, yet hectic and challenging for Sanyukta.

It was one fine day in FITE. Sanyukta was on her way to the lab when she heard hustle-bustle in the canteen. Wondering what it could be, Sanyukta proceeded to the lab when Koustuki emerged from the crowd all of a sudden with a wide grin plastered on her face.

"Sanyu! I was searching for you. Let's go there. Come come!" she was literally jumping in excitement and started dragging Sanyukta towards the crowd.

"Koustu! First tell me what's going on there??" Sanyukta stopped Koustuki and laughed at her acts.

"Sanyu... Its finally happening!" Koustuki beamed

"What??" Sanyukta asked.

"Randhir is finally proposing to Ishika. I knew they would end up together. Finally its happening!" Koustuki squealed with enthusiasm and Sanyukta's life came down crushing in a moment. She could not hear anything after the first sentence of what Koustuki informed. The world seemed to stop for her that moment. 

Paving way for themselves, Koustuki guided her inside the crowd and there he was on his knees with a rose in his hand.