21. The untold story

No proof reading done. Kindly ignore the typos. Happy reading 💗

3 months passed down the horizon and they all entered 3rd year of graduation. There was a total change in Randhir's behavior. His entire concentration was only on Ishika and they both would hardly come to attend lectures. Canteen, Shopping mall and movie theatres had become their routine lifestyle. He would spend lavishly without any limit and would buy anything and everything Ishika asked for. The reason behind these strange actions was unknown to himself. He badly wanted a distraction and nothing else.

His goal to distract his mind from something, ended up in distracting him from something else. His academic performance drastically came down. The person who would easily sweep off the Rank No.1 position, was now in Rank 4. But he hardly cared about it. People could find him working seriously only during Dreamteam practice sessions.

Parth who noticed all this was bewildered. He had never seen his best friend so lethargic like this. He was angry and equally concerned for him. One fine day, Parth spotted Randhir waiting for Ishika in the canteen. They had one important lecture which would start in 10 minutes.

"Randhir" Parth's stern voice reached his eardrums.

"Hi Parth" Randhir turned to look at him.

"We are getting late for the lecture. Chalo class mein" Parth told

"No Parth. I'm bunking today. Me and Ishika are going to a movie. So..." Randhir shrugged

"What?? Are you out of your mind?? What's wrong with you Randhir??" Parth literally barked.

"What now???" Randhir rolled his eyes.

"I have been noticing you since a long time. You are acting totally weird. What's going on Randhir?? You are neither talking to us like before nor you are attentive in classroom. What is bothering you??" Parth shook him hard.

"Nothing" Randhir looked away.

"Come on Randhir! This is extremity. You are in Rank 4 now damn it" Parth shouted on him
"Who is asking you to do all these?? I'm sure you won't act this way on your own. Please open up" Parth held his shoulder and asked softly. Parth's sentence triggered Randhir's ego.

"What do you mean by I won't do on my own? I have my own brain. No one can influence me or force me to do anything" Randhir spat back.

"Yeah right" Parth laughed sarcastically making him frown.

"If that is the case, why did you choose engineering??" Parth smirked, looking straight into his eyes.

"Whha... What do you mean??" Randhir stammered.

"Go and ask this question to yourself. If you say that no one can influence anything in your life, then you would have chosen your passion. You would not be here in FITE" Parth gritted his teeth and left the place in anger.

Randhir kept looking at his retreating figure and his mind zoned out to the day he chose engineering as his career.

******

"Sanyu... Good morning!" a 9 year old boy grinned and settled on his seat.