15. A night to remember

"What's this nonsense?? I hate horror movies. I don't wanna watch it. I'm leaving!" Ishika declared and was about to move out when Vidushi shouted

"Ooh hello! I don't care if you like it or not. I won't let anyone wasting my money. You are watching the movie and that's final" Vidushi gave her verdict and Ishika stood there with her mouth wide open. She turned to Randhir but he gave an apologetic look.

Literally dragging an half-unconscious Jiggy with them, the gang entered Screen No.13 where the movie will be played. Ishika followed them silently, huffing and muttering curses all the way.

"Screen No.13?? My Nani used to say that 13 is the most favorite number for evil spirits" someone was talking in the crowd and Jiggy was about to break down in fear.

Each guy settled beside his girl with popcorn and Coke but Randhir was sitting in between Sanyukta and Ishika. Ishika was throwing deadly glares at Randhir. She was already pissed off with this Bhehenji following them everywhere and now this good-for-nothing horror movie!? 

"Sorry na??" Randhir whispered with a pout near her ear. "We will go to some good movie next week" Randhir promised her.

"Yeah right! Whatever Randhir. Now I'm gonna sleep. Do not disturb" Ishika plugged in her expensive headphones. Stretching her legs a little, she leaned back on the seat with her eyes closed. "This girl has some mental defect. Who will sleep while watching Conjuring 2??" he wondered. Within a minute or two, she was snoring aloud.
The show began and after few minutes of the film, the scenario was worth watching.

Jiggy was chanting Hanuman Chalisa and holding all the pics of the deities he had in his wallet.

Koustuki had covered her face with her hands and was watching the movie through the gap between her fingers.

Sahil and Preeti were hugging each other.

Sanyukta would hide herself behind Randhir's shoulder whenever they show scary scenes. She would come out only when there is brightness onscreen. Randhir noticed this and his face adorned a smile. He felt somewhat happy and calm from inside to have her so close.

Parth and Vidushi were the only couple looking all excited to see what comes next. A Chudail loving horror movies is no wonderment.

"Why don't you leave my hand Farzi??" Randhir asked in his usual tone.

"Let them show a sunrise Randhir. Once the screen becomes bright, I'll leave your hand" Sanyukta replied still hiding behind his shoulder and watching the movie with only one eye.

"Why so?? What difference does it make?? " He was confused

"Arey... Don't you know?? Darkness and ghosts are best friends!" she explained like a kid, taking her face off his shoulder to look at him. She went back to her position as the little girl in the movie screamed.

"So... You are scared. Aren't you??" he teased her

"No. I'm not. Why would I be??" Sanyukta protested

"You Are SCARED" he stressed the word more looking at her terrified state.

"No. no. no!!!" she fought back. The entire 3 hours went like this. Randhir would make weird sounds every now and then, thus increasing her fear. But she refused to show it out on her face.

"Ufff... Thank god" Sanyukta chirped happily once the movie came to an end and Randhir smirked.

"I'm alive. I'm still alive" Jiggy touched his hands and legs to see if they still belonged to him. He looked relieved and stood up wiping the sweat beads on his forehead.