24. She's my...

Kindly ignore the typos. No proof reading done! Happy reading 💗

Weeks rolled down. Randhir used to wait day and night for her message. He was literally going insane without her, though he was adamant to admit the truth. He felt like he was surrounded by a torturing silence. All these days, he had neither seen her once, nor could he hear her voice. He badly wanted to see her beautiful face, feel her warm skin, hear her enchanting voice and get drowned in her alluring smile. Every day felt like a decade without her.

It was the day for the final event, India vs. Japan. The whole engineering world was eagerly waiting for it. Media coverage from all over the world, huge sponsors, high profile judges, everything clearly depicted the class of the ceremony taking place. It was going to be a milestone in the engineering arena. But Randhir, who was supposed to be the hero of the day, was sitting in his huge room and staring at his phone like every other day, impatiently waiting to see her name flashing, but it never happened.

"She knows that I don't go for any important work before she wishes me luck. Even then... She's doing this to me. Why??? Just one call Sanyukta..." Randhir groaned and laid down on the bed with a thud. He felt helpless. Though he was physically fit and fine, he was feeling weak and vulnerable from inside. There was just 1 hour left for the finale to commence. He was least bothered about the preparations and revisions. Because he knew that no one could defeat him when she was by his side. But was she really by his side?? All such nonsense thoughts crossed his mind and Randhir covered his face with his palms.

Suddenly his phone vibrated. Randhir, at once, sat up and pushed the green button with so much of excitement. He was extremely happy and relieved.

"Hello... Hello... I know you would call Farz..." Randhir spoke in a hurry and he could feel his own voice breaking. He was about to complete his sentence when the person on the other side spoke.

"Hello Randhir! Chill bro... You really know me well" Parth told and giggled. Randhir couldn't understand anything for a moment. Only then, he looked at his phone and his heart sunk in disappointment. It was NOT Sanyukta.

"Randhir... Hello! Can you hear me??" Parth shouted, thus bringing him back.

"Hhaa.. Haan! I'm listening" Randhir choked without his senses. He tried his best to sound normal.

"Randhir... Are you okay?? You sound weird" Parth asked sensing the gloominess in his voice.

"I'm fine Parth. Its just that... I'm nervous. Very big event na??" Randhir tried to cover up.

"You and nervous!?? Come on Randhir... Stop kidding" Parth rolled his eyes.

"Parth... Trust me! I'm perfectly fine." Randhir was adamant. He didn't know whether he was trying to convince himself or his best friend.

"Fine" Parth sighed, he didn't want to drag the topic anymore.

"I just wanted to wish you All the best Randhir! Make our country proud" Parth spoke from his heart to which Randhir simply closed his eyes. How he wished to hear the same from her.

"Thank you" Randhir told in his low voice. Parth kept talking for a while while Randhir was simply humming in response.

"Ok Randhir! You get ready. I'll call you in the evening" Parth told and was about to cut the call.

"Parth wait..." Randhir stopped him.

"Yea... You want to say something?!" Parth asked him.