Songs and Hotels

MISTY'S P.O.V

I went back into the hotel and noticed my whole choir group was sitting at a long table. I rushed over and sat next to Dawn and was able to catch some of a speech that Mr. Oak was saying. "We are all lucky to be here today and that is because of these wonderful people. Mr.Sukizo, a very wealthy man and a judge of the competition we have all been practicing for." He said and motioned his hands to a short man with gray hair and tiny eyes. He was wearing a suit and a small smile. "It's remarkable!" He said waving at us. "Good Morning Mr. Sukizo!" We all said to him politely. He nodded as Mr. Oak went on to the next person. The next one was introduced as Raoul Contesta. "Glad to be here!" He said, smiling brightly. "He is also a judge at the competition and an important man with many successful businesses here in Kanto." Mr. Oak said. We also said good morning to him and he nodded. The last one who was introduced was a petite and pretty woman with pink hair. She was wearing a pink and white uniform that made her look like a nurse. My guess was right because Mr. Oak told us she was a successful nurse and would be filling in for someone who was visiting family in another part of Kanto. My eyes shined as I thought of traveling Kanto and the Nurse winked at me. "My name is Nurse Joy and I'm very happy you are all able to be here with us in Kanto." We all smiled back at her. "Ok! Well now that introductions have been said and done, let's eat!" Mr. Contesta exclaimed. "There is buffet area complete with Sinnoh delicacies just for you guys!" Nurse Joy laughed. "It's remarkable!" Mr. Sukizo exclaimed. Mr. Oak laughed and we all got up to fill our plates. And our stomachs of course.

When Dawn and I came back to the table, most of the guys were already there scarfing down their food. "What pigs..." Dawn whispered to me and I giggled. We sat down and are our full of mostly the Sinnoh native foods. We pretended that we were judges and tasted to see if they compared to real Sinnoh food. We both agreed that they had. It was delicious.

I looked at my empty plate and smiled. Dad would be proud that I hadn't wasted any food. I glanced back at the buffet and noticed the dessert table next to it. How could I have missed that? I stood up and started to walk to the table when I spotted a tuft of black hair. I turned my eyes towards it and saw it was guy. And not just any guy. But the guy I had seen earlier. Except he wasn't wearing his red and white hat anymore. His hair was swept back and he was wearing a uniform. In fact, the same uniform that the waiters had been wearing. Oh my god. Does he work here? I ducked down behind a chair and waved awkwardly at the little girl who's chair I had hid behind. She started to cry and the boy glanced over to see if anything was wrong. I waddled away before the mom could make any scene. It was hard waddling back to my chair without him seeing but finally he passed into another hallway and I slid into my chair. Dawn glanced at my empty hands and looked confused. "Where...?" She started but I shook my head. I'd tell her later.

After everyone had finished eating, we all headed to the contest hall where as you guessed, the competition was being held. We all practiced our group songs and even some people had solo. But luckily, Dawn and I were able to do a duet together.

Dawn:
Little do you know,
how I'm breaking
while you fall asleep

Little do you know,
I'm still haunted
By the memories

Little do you know,
I'm trying to pick
Myself up
Piece by piece

Little do you know I,
Need a little more
Time

Underneath it all,
I'm held captive
By the hole inside

I've been holding back
For the feel
That you might change
Your mind

I'm ready to forgive you
But forgetting is a harder fight

Little do you know,
I need a little more
Time

Misty:
I'll wait
I'll wait

I love you like
You've never felt
The pain
I'll wait

I promise
You don't
Have to
Be afraid
I'll wait

The love is here and here to-

*CRASH*

We stopped singing and looked over to where the sound had come from. The door was wide open and a few chairs had fallen over. Mr. Oak rushed over. "Young man. Are you ok?" He asked helping up the boy and I almost shouted. It was the guy who I crashed into earlier. Why have I been seeing him a lot? I only just met him! The boy smiled sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. Where his bump was, I assumed. "Um sorry 'bout this sir. I uh just tripped and fell onto the door. Sorry if I interrupted your practice." He said and some girls giggled. Dawn included. He looked over and winked at her. "I like your singing! Good luck!" He said and went out the door.
I looked over and saw her blushing. "Dawn!" I exclaimed quietly. She snapped out and looked at me. "Uh w-what was that..." She asked. "It should be me asking that! I thought you liked Kenny!" I said. She waved her hand as if to brush away the tension. "No no. Kenny likes me but I like Paul. Paul is such a bad boy. He's got a cute, little, mean streak and it's so much fun, don't you think?" She told me. I sighed. Trust the head cheerleader to be worrying about boys. "I mean why were you blushing when that guy winked at you?" I asked. She laughed. "Oh I don't know. He's sorta cute though don't you think?" She asked. I blushed. "W-why would I be thinking about some weirdo like h-him?!" I stammered. She giggled and I knew I was gonna get teased later.

TIME SKIP

I had already asked Mr. Oak about the extension of my stay and he agreed but persuaded me to go out and find somewhere to stay before coming back to the hotel. Dawn had wanted to come with me but I shrugged her off saying I would be fine. I even said her signature no need to worry thing. She still looked worried but allowed me to go off by myself.

I walked out of the hotel and accidentally bumped into someone.

Haha cliff hanger!
~Jason Hibiki ( KenAndJason )