Mystery and More Mystery

MISTY'S P.O.V

I walked out of the hotel and accidentally bumped into someone.

It was a woman.

She was a few inches taller than me. Her hair was a mix of blue and black and she shining, black eyes. She looked familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Oh I'm so sorry dear!" She told me but paused. She looked me up and down. I wondered if that was some sort of thing in Kanto.

Suddenly, her eyes lit up and she clapped her hands together. "Oh my! You don't happen to be Misty Waterflower do you?" She asked me. "Um yes...how do you know me?" I asked her cautiously. She giggled. "Oh silly me! I'm sorry! You've probably only seen me in pictures! Also I got a haircut recently...but no need to worry!" She said waving her hands. No need to worry? That was Dawn's.....

My eyes widened from shock. No wonder she had looked familiar! She was Dawn and Tracey's mom! Dawn had told me that she came her to help her family and send them money. I smiled. Just like how I want to help my family back home....

I looked her up and down. I laughed at how much she looked like Dawn. No wait. How much Dawn looked like her. She didn't hold any resemblance to Tracey but I heard Tracey got his looks from his dad who was working in Hoenn. "Are you Ms. Johanna?" I asked. "Yes! I heard you are friends with my Dawnie!" She squealed. "Yea Dawnie I mean Dawn is my best friend!" I said. "Ooh! And you're dating my son, Tracey, aren't you? Since you're dating my son, you can call me Aunt Johanna!" She said, smiling brightly. I guess Tracey hadn't told her that I broke up with him yet.
She took hold of my hand. "Come come! I'll show you around!" She said excitedly. I nodded and she waved over a rickshaw. I looked at it excitedly. I'd never been in a real rickshaw before! I gently petted the horse that would be pulling us before climbing into the carriage.

For the next hour, the rickshaw pulled us around Pallet Town which was a part of Kanto. It was a nice place with many meadows of flowers. It smelled nice. Like chocolate and honey. Mmm.

Finally, we arrived back at the hotel. She told me to come visit her and she would help me get a job and my green card. She handed me a slip of paper with her number and address and waved goodbye as the rickshaw pulled away. I waved until I couldn't see the carriage anymore.

I skipped inside and hurried up to the room which I shared with Dawn. She was gonna be happy that I had found her mom. I got to the room and opened the door. "Where have you been?!" She asked, rushing up to me. "Calm down Dawn! Look when I went outside, I bumped into someone! It was your mom!" I exclaimed. "My...my mom?" She said, tearing up. "My mom is here?" I pulled her into a hug as she burst out in tears of happiness. "I *hic* am so glad *hic* that I *hic* got that extension with *hic* you!" She hiccuped, laughing. She pulled away and took a tissue from her pocket. She wiped at my shirt. I glanced slightly and saw that a bit of her mascara had run into my shirt. I laughed. Seeing my friend like this was rare for me because she always tried to pull a cool front. Only I have ever seen her cry. I mean not even Tracey, her own step-brother, has seen her cry!

I told her to get some rest and that we'd see her mom tomorrow. She nodded and went to bed, happily. I went to my side of the room and flung my stuff on the floor. I kicked off my shoes and threw my coat off. Then I flopped into the fluffy sheets and buried my head into the soft pillows and immediately fell asleep.

THE NEXT MORNING

DAWN'S P.O.V

I woke up refreshed and ready for the day. I wiped at my sleepy eyes as I glanced over at Misty. My red-headed best friend. She looked really happy even though she was still asleep. I'm really glad I decided to stay with her. I had promised to help her find her mom's grave. We really had high hopes that her grave was in Pallet. If not....