Date

Misty's P.O.V

I pulled at my knee-length, cerulean blue dress one more time before I walked into Chez Platypus.

I looked around in awe. It truly was a sight that you had to check out in Kanto.

Cocky Ash Ketchum. It was 8:00. Where was he?

"Looking for someone?" I turned around and my mouth dropped open.

Ash had really taken my words to heart. He had a full-on black suit that was pressed and primped. He extended his hand to me and I saw a blue rose in his hand.

"Come here." He said.

He pushed some of my hair that wasn't in my side ponytail and put the blue rose in my hair. He held up his phone camera and I almost cried. The soft blue of my dress and the rose looked absolutely gorgeous against my bright flame orange hair. I wished my family could see me right now.

I heard a click and saw that my smiling face had been saved to his phone.

"Hey! Why'd you do that?" I asked.
"You wanted a picture, right? I could tell. Also, you clean up pretty nicely." He said and held out his arm.
"Shall we?" He asked.

I scoffed but took his arm. We walked to the waiter and the podium and smiled. Ash gave him the coupon ticket thing and waited while the waiter checked it over.

"Right this way, Sir and Madam." The waiter nodded and we followed him to a booth table surrounded by gold curtains.
"This is fancy, all right." Ash whistled.
"Be quiet." I whispered and sat down.
"Would you like something to drink?" The waiter asked.
"I'll have water, please." I told him.
"Two waters, please." Ash said.

The waiter nodded and then walked away.

"So...since this is a date, guess I have to learn about you?" Ash said.
"Ok, fine I'll humor you. What do you want to know?" I asked.
"What's your favorite color?" He asked.
"Really? That's your first question?" I rolled my eyes.
"Just answer the question." He said.
"Ok fine. I like blue. Blue is my favorite color. You?" I replied.
"I like red. Ok, next question-"
"Wait. Are we doing like...like a twenty questions thing?"
"Why not? Ok. What do you like to do for fun?"
"I like to swim. And fish. Basically anything that has to do with water."
"You're really living up your name, huh, Waterflower?"
"Shut up. I just like water. What about you?"
"I like going outside. I like hiking and going for walks. I also like to hang out with little kids."
"Planning on having any?"
"Ah, ah, ah. Sneaky. Not your turn yet. What do you want to do as a career?"
"Fine. Um, I think I want to be a swimming instructor. Now tell me, do you want kids and how many?"
"Only on our first date and you want to know if I want kids? Desperate, much?"
"Just answer the question."
"Ok, I would like kids. Maybe two because I was an only child. You?"
"I want four..."
"Four?! What do you need that many kids for?!"
"So I can convince myself that...that I'll be just as good as a mother as my mom."

When I said that, Ash didn't say anything. I looked up and saw him staring at me.

"W-What?" I blushed.
"I just...didn't think a dumb redhead like you would have an actual dream." He said, covering his mouth like he was moved to tears.
"Shut up!" I shouted, ready to pull out my mallet.

"Ma'am, Sir. Here are your waters. Are you ready to order?" The waiter asked, coming back with our drinks.

I sat back down and Ash and I went back to acting like a fancy and respectful couple.

"Uh yes, please. I'd like the special sirloin steak. Medium rare." Ash ordered.
"Good choice, Sir. And you, ma'am?"
"I'll take this seafood special." I said.
"But of course. I'll be back with your orders." He said and scurried away.