Worrys and An Old Guy

Aunt Johanna said it was nothing and that Dawn and I should go look for jobs today. Unfortunately, Ash was coming with us which was why he was here. I groaned and he glared at me. I quickly turned away, avoiding his gaze.

Ugh. Well. Let's hope I don't claw his eyes out...

Misty's P.O.V

Ash, Dawn, and I walked around Pallet Town. We were going to my job interview which luckily, Tita Jack was able to find. I was nervous. This job would determine how much money I could send back home.

"Bye guys! I'll just meet you at the park ok!" I called out, walking in through the back door. Tita Jack had told me to go through the back for the interview which I didn't get but she explained was because I was illegal. This place apparently hired illegal immigrants. Wonder what kind of job this is...

I went up some stairs and found an old wooden door at the end, labeled as "Office". Woo.

I opened the door to find an old guy sitting in front of a large, circular desk. He was smoking a fat cigarette and the smoke flitted around the room. It smelled like rotting wood. I hate smokers but I tried to restrain myself from showing disrespect.

The old man looked up and noticed me. He smiled, motioning for me to come closer. I walked over, slowly. I was still cautious. Even though his smile seemed friendly, his eyes didn't match.

I sat down on the chair across from him and smiled. "Um hi. Im... Im Misty Waterflower. I uh I'm applying for the job here." I tried to say confidently. On the inside, I was slapping myself. I watched as he observed me, looking up and down. I had to hold myself back from slapping him and calling him a pervert. I looked at him and he frowned. He shook his head and I started to feel panicky. "I don't think you are right for the job." He told me. "No, no! I can do any job! Please!" I pleaded. I needed the money!

He looked me over again a few more times. Finally he nodded and I sighed of relief. He bent down, opening a drawer behind his desk. I couldn't really see what he pulled out but it was purple. I knew that. "Here." He declared, throwing me whatever it was that he pulled out. "It's your uniform." He stated. I caught it and it felt soft. It was some sort of clothing. I gingerly held it and saw that it looked like some sort of bikini. "My...my uniform?" I stuttered. "Th-this can't be right!" I exclaimed. He just nodded and smiled. "Yes, yes. It is right. You do job now right?" He asked. I was still staring at my 'uniform' in disbelief. Tita Jack sent me to a strip club?!

Ash's P.O.V

After Misty had left for her interview, Dawn and I walked to the park just catching up on things. Her step-brother, Tracey Sketchit, who was also my cousin, was still as stubborn as ever. I remember him texting my about Dawn and his girlfriend coming to the U.S. He wasn't happy that his girlfriend had left him since he couldn't follow her until he got his visa approved. Until then, he could only text her and call her on Skype. Girlfriend...was he talking about Misty? I laughed to myself about that. Misty? Someones girlfriend? Ha!

"What's so funny?" Dawn asked me. I just shook my head. "Oh nothing. I was just thinking of Misty as someones girlfriend." I told her. Dawn glanced at me, surprised. "Oh you don't know? They broke up when Misty came here. Trace didn't want her to come here without him so he said he'd break up with her if she came to Kanto. Apparently, she doesn't feel the same way she did before about big bro so she left anyways. He got pretty mad. I bet he'll call her later. Big bro is so smitten when it comes to Misty." She explained, rolling her eyes.

I nodded. Yea. Tracey was like that. If he loved something, he couldn't let go of it. Well he can have Misty for all I cared. Why did I have to come anyways.

After some more talking about what was happening back in Sinnoh, Dawn looked down at her phone. Her face looked worried. "Something wrong?" I asked. "Misty isn't here yet. Interviews aren't supposed to be thirty minutes long right?" She asked me. Her eyes were so full of concern, I couldn't help but be worried too. I tried to think back to where Mistys interview was. "Wait why did we go to the back of the building?" I asked out loud. Dawn whipped her head to me. "We did?! I don't remember! Oh Misty!" She cried out. "Dawn calm down. Come on. Uh lets just retrace our steps ok!" I tried to reassure her. She jumped up and nodded. I started running in the direction of the building where I thought Misty was. Please don't let me be wrong. No wait! I want to be wrong because I don't want her getting a job at...that place. I stared back at Dawn's flushed face as she ran behind me. No. I couldn't let her know that I had let Misty go to a...a strip club...for an interview.

Finally! We reached the building and I swung open the back door. We raced up the stairs and I kicked that rusty old door off its hinges. I didn't expect to see what I saw. Misty was sitting in a chair, confused, as she held what looked like a stripper uniform. There was an old Chinese  man with her holding another one as he pretended to dance around a pole. Dawn and I just stared. Misty saw us and gave us a confused little wave.

Eventually, the man finished and he sat back down in his chair, throwing down the uniform. "So...you take job or no?" He asked. "I uh...I need the money but..." Misty trailed, looking down at her lap. I observed the man as his expression turned angry. "You take job or no?! Need money, yes?!" He started to yell. Suddenly, two doors behind him opened. I hadn't noticed them and saw as two buff guys walked out. I think they were bodyguards and they didn't look too happy. I rushed over to Misty. "Hey, hey! We don't need your crummy job!" I shouted. I felt Misty let her head fall into my back as she gripped my shirt, fearfully.

The old man looked shocked to see me. I guess he didn't hear my awesome kicking-of-the-door. He growled at me. "What you do here?! Need no men! Only pretty girls!" He snapped. "Out! Out! I dealing with pretty girl!" He yelled, pointing to the door. I stood my ground. "No. Misty and I are leaving. She doesn't want the job! I can find a better job for her anyways!" I growled. I picked up Misty and ran out the door with Dawn closely behind us. We dashed out the the back door and to Tita Jacks apartment. Only when we were at her door did I stop. I inhaled great gulps of air, trying to catch my breath. I looked at Misty and her face was as flushed as mine. "Hey...y-you ok?" I asked, concerned. She nodded, avoiding my gaze. "He didn't try anything on you, did he?!" I worried. She shook her head again. I exhaled. I didn't realize I was even holding it. I put her down, gently, and pulled her into a hug. "I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. I didn't know. I'm sorry..." I apologized. I felt something wet on my shirt. She was crying. "I promise I won't let something like that happen again." I promised. I was sincere.

I didn't want her crying ever again.

Yay new update! Ok so I am doing this story every other week and same with Juvias Diary. But I don't know. Depends on how much time I have. But thanks for reading! And for the Chinese guys voice thing, I know Chinese people don't speak like that. It was just based off the character, Shampoo, from Ranma 1/2 who speaks like that. So please don't be offended. Also I was thinking of doing Pokemon or Fairy Tail One shots of ships. So yay or nay on the one shots?

                  ~Jason Hibiki