Blush and Mallets

Dawn's P.O.V

I heard her gasp. "You?!" She exclaimed. I thought it was funny how I heard two voices instead of one. And how the other voice was a guys.

I peeked out from our bedroom door and saw my cousin.

Ash Ketchum

"Ashy!" I shouted, running to embrace him. I haven't seen my raven-haired cousin since what? Since we were ten? I pulled him into a hug and he wrapped his arms around me affectionately. I noticed he hadn't said anything and looked up to see him staring at Misty. I glanced back at her and saw she was doing the same. I stood back with my mom and watched them. We snickered. The two idiots looked like they were having a staring contest. Finally, my mom coughed to show we were still here and they snapped out of whatever world they were living in.

Misty blushed and looked down while Ash tried to brush it off as if it was nothing. I looked at Ash's hat and mentally slapped myself. That was what was so familiar about that guy from earlier! The one who crashed in at our rehearsal! How could I forget?! His mom had made him that hat and he had worn it ever since.

Now don't get me wrong. Misty thought I was trying to flirt with him earlier when I giggled. But that is not the case! I just think it's cute when guys are clumsy! Like that time when Paul tripped over a twig walking over to me. So cute.

I sighed happily thinking about that. Then I remembered something and pulled out my phone. I scrolled up my photos and saw they were pictures of Misty and that stranger just standing there on the sidewalk. I zoomed in closer and saw the hat. I smiled smugly.

It was Ash.

I laughed and Misty and Ash looked at me weirdly. Just like my cousin, I tried to brush it off as if it were nothing. "No need to worry!" I said. Mom smiled and also pulled Ash into a hug. "Ash! How have you been? I haven't seen you in forever!" Mom gushed, squeezing him until he had to pull at her arms to remind her he had to breathe. Ash tried to catch his breath and color restored his cheeks. "W-what are you talking about...Tita Johanna?"

((I'm from the Phillipines and that is how they say aunt over there. That is how I grew up saying Aunt so don't judge me if I call her Tita Johanna. Just my way of life))

He asked. "I saw you yesterday..." "Oh yes yes! I forgot! Silly me!" Mom said. "Would you like something to snack on? Dinner is almost ready!" She said walking over to the small kitchen. "No thanks Tita. I'm good." He said and sat down on one of the couches. I had noticed Misty was being oddly quiet and I saw her eyes were silently watching eyes. Her head barely moving.

So Misty is into Ash? I can help with that. I laughed. I added a little evil accent to give it more dramatics but mom had just asked if there was something in my throat. Clearly, they don't know me well enough to know that was my best evil laugh that I had been practicing on! I looked over at Misty for support and she just gave me a small smile. Grr.

ASH'S P.O.V

I'm sitting in my Aunt's little apartment trying to watch the news on t.v. God it's so hard when you've got your cousin who you haven't seen in forever and her friend. I studied Dawn's friend. With her flame orange hair in a childish ponytail, her bright yellow sweatshirt, and her dark jeans, she wasn't the most fashionable girl I've ever seen. She sorta looked like...

Aha! Yes! Dawn's friend, Misty! How could I forget her? Always being loud and obnoxious in her bright colored clothes. I remember as a kid telling myself to stay away from her at all costs.