Time Is Of The Essence

*****************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers! So, I'm just going off pure guess, but I would say we have less than ten more chapters until this is finally over! I'm currently working on a nonfanfiction that probably won't be published for a while, but hey, that's the news for ya. Can you guys please follow -LongStoryShort- ? She helped me write this chapter and it wouldn't be published without her help. Anywhoooo, here's Chapter 39, ENJOOOOY!

*****************************************************************************************************

Natsu P.O.V

Today, I was driving to hospital from home, somewhere I hadn't been in awhile. Usually, I never left the hospital, but Lucy asked a strange request. She wanted me to bring over a photo album we had in our house. I didn't know whether she genuinely wanted to look at them, or to just get rid of me to have some alone time. All I knew was that she wasn't getting any better. She would barely eat, no matter how many times Mira, our friends, or I told her too.

She had already accepted the fact that she was going to die, I didn't know how to help her. I felt useless. Her time was.. Running out. I hated to admit but I could tell. She was losing more and more weight by the day and she was always so tired. The other day she told me cancer itself wasn't killing her it was and not knowing how much time she had left to spend with us all and Time was something we needed. I clutched the engagement ring in my right pocket tight. Was today the right day to do it?

Anxiety overtook my face and sweat began to form on my brow. Would she even say yes? Of course, she would, What am I saying? I shook all my nervous thoughts away as I parked my car in the parking lot and made my way to Lucy's room. She had been transferred to the intensive care unit.

"Lucy?" I knocked on the door.

"Come in," She said, I opened the door and handed her the photo album. Her frail hands opened it and she began to flip through it.

She looked so happy. It was time, time I finally asked her. I kneeled down next to her bed as she continued to look through the album. "Aw look, you looked so cute there," She said pointing to another picture of a younger me. "It's mesmerizing how time flies," She said softly coming to the last page of the book.

"I know what you mean, it feels like it was only yesterday when we were playing hide and seek," I slowly pulled the small black box out of my back pocket. Her face showed only nostalgia and sadness of the past, "Can I ask you a question?" She said looking down at the cover of the photo album. "May I ask you one first?" I asked giving her soft smile to at least make her smile a little. "Sure," She said looking at my with intent filled eyes. I sit the box on the side of the bed and slowly opened the hinged top. "Lucy Heartfillia, will you make happier then you've already have?"

Erza P.o.v

I was in my bed laying down, I haven't left it in hours. I didn't want to get up, I was depressed and missing Jellal. We were supposed to be inseparable... I stared at the ceiling, drowning in my own self doubt and depression. "A few more weeks. All I have is a few more before I could have been with him". I allowed myself to fall into a dark corner of myself that only made my heart hurt more. "I wish he was here with me", I reached up towards the ceiling hoping for even the smallest feeling of warmth, but my hope was misplaced as my arm just fell back down by my side.

A sudden vibration made me jolt, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. It was a message from Levy,

Levy: How ya holding up?'

Me: Not the best... And you? Have you found the doctor for Lucy?

Levy: Yeah, but he's gonna be difficult... So me and Gajeel don't really know what to do atm.

Me: I see, good luck out there

Levy: Thanks, feel better

Only if that was possible.... I quickly erased the message before typing a new one.

Me: K I'll talk to you later

Levy: Kay

After that I locked my phone and let fall to my chest, "How dare she? Rubbing in my face that her and Gajeel get to be together. It's not fair. They get to go out without their families and spend time alone and I can't see even him". I continued to stare at my ceiling cursing the world as time slowly slipped away from me.

I drifted off into sweet memories that cloaked my being with soft kisses and tender love. "Please don't leave" I mumbled before my eyes slowly batted open. "It was just a dream. I wish I could stop having those", I yawned sitting up. I look over to the clock only to see that 3 hours have passed. "It couldn't have been 3 weeks?" I got out of bed, grabbing my bag and the keys before heading out of my room and the house. I slide into the driver's seat, looking over the things in my bag making sure I didn't forget anything. As I awaited to car to get warm, I turn on the radio to wash away the misery that was ever so present in my attitude.

"Yoooouuuu neeeded Me" I hummed, locking in my seat belt and backing out of the drive way. "I hope she'll be awake when I get there" I said on my way to the hospital to check on Lucy.