Just For A Talk

***********************************************************************************************************************

Hey, Readers! I am really, really, really, really tired. Finals suck. Especially Spanish and Physics....A mi no me gustan los finales espanoles. Ugh, so much. I respect spanish people and physicist. Ugh, anyhoo, here's Chapter 24, ENJOOOOY!

***********************************************************************************************************************

Levy P.O.V

I was freaking out. Not like the usual A-  freaking out. Oh no, this was far worse. 

I was living with a man.

It had all happened so quickly. First, we were kissing like the world was ending, and then next thing I knew, I was staying over at Gajeel's. This isn't right, I thought. I feel like I'm his mistress more than his...girlfriend. The thought of being his girlfriend gave me a warm and buzzy feeling inside. I've only read about these kind of things. To keep my eagerness down, I looked at the clock. It was already seven in the evening. Gajeel had left a few hours ago to get groceries. I paced myself back and forth. The grocery store was just a few miles from here! What was taking him so long.

Then the door opened, and in came a very wounded Gajeel. I covered my mouth and gasped. "Gajeel!" He dropped the groceries and fell on the couch. I rushed over to his side and gasped at his wounds. His head was bloody and his body was covered in scratches and bruises. "What happened?!"

"What can I say: I'm famous," he chuckled. I sighed and went over to grab first-aid. I tended to his wounds, grimacing after hearing each of his painful hisses. I pressed my hand against his forehead and said, "Tell me what happened."

He laughed to himself. "I was just getting some food when I bumped into some of our fellow classmates. They really take my parole to advantage."

"They should be ashamed of themselves," I hissed. I bandaged his head and stroked his long black hair. He looked up at me and smiled slightly. "The only thing that was keeping me back was my parole...If it weren't for that, I would've clobbered them in a second."

I chuckled at his confidence. "I bet you would've." I put the first aid back in the cupboard and looked at Gajeel. He was looking at me as well, smiling a little. I smiled back. Every night I always prayed that people would look at Gajeel and see a kind man instead of a criminal. I wanted people to know how sweet he was, just like how I saw him. Suddenly, my phone rang my mom's ring tone. Anger then rose within me. Gajeel saw the phone and looked at me. I let the phone ring until it went straight to voice mail. Gajeel sighed, "You have to answer the phone sooner or later."

"Not to her I don't have to," I said, grabbing my phone and shutting it off. Gajeel slowly sat up on the couch and motioned me to sit next to him. I hesitated for a while, but ended up sitting next to him. He rubbed his hand on my head, which he tended to do quite a lot. "The woman who you are fighting with is your mother. She probably has good intentions."

"Does her good intentions mean not being able to see you?" I asked him, staring straight into his eyes.  

"I don't want to be the one who tears you and your mother apart," Gajeel  said with a more serious tone. I stared at him with shock. Gajeel looked away and sighed with frustration. I was really confused with Gajeel's emotions. I mean, he did, well, kill his mom, didn't he? I've read psychology books on criminals and how they lose emotional connection. So technically, shouldn't he not really care? And then it hit me.

I didn't know Gajeel' side of the whole story.

I touched Gajeel's shoulder and debated whether to ask him or not. Finally, I built up the courage and asked, "C...Can you tell me...your side of the story?"