Chapter 8

“Are you sure this is the way?” I asked Harry- as we desperately tried to go back- for the hundredth time.

“I’m not sure,” Harry blurted.

“Why me?” I groaned in frustration. Great. A snow storm. Just great.

“Steff, if we don’t survive please tell the boys and my family that I love them,” Harry said in all seriousness before Harry passed out. Just great. Now, I have to rescue both of us. What if we don’t really survive?

The snow storm started getting powerful and I can’t even see anything but snow. I tried carrying Harry as we sat in the middle of nowhere. I don’t know what to do anymore. I laid with Harry on the ground covered with snow, finally giving up that I’ll even survive.

I just thought for a moment. Why me? Why do things never go my way? Why do the worst things happen to me? First, I lost my father. Then, my mom and Ally. Now, possibly my life. I’m not even gonna think of surviving this tragic event. Maybe, it’s the end. Maybe, it’s time for me to go.

“I’m not Steff,” I yelled before I lost all consciousness and fell into a deep sleep.

---

(Liam’s POV)(A/N: I’ll try my best.)

“Why did Harry and Steff got paired again?” Zayn asked for the millionth time. It’s actually starting to annoy me. Instead of showing my annoyance, I teased him.

“Zayn, we all know you’re with Perrie now so stop with your little crush with Steff,” I teased as I continued skiing.

“I appreciate your support, Li,” Zayn rolled his eyes and soon caught up with me.

“Why though?” I asked as I stopped skiing.

“Why what?” he asked knitting his eyebrows together.

“Why do people seem to fall for Steff? Niall and Harry then you,” I muttered.

“I don’t know. A part of her just is really mysterious. Like she isn’t this girl. Like there’s more to her than being Steffany Adams,” Zayn shrugged. What did he mean by like she isn’t this girl? This ain’t a mystery story for us to figure out.

Before I could respond to what Zayn said, we were ushered to go inside the cabin since a snow storm has been speculated to start. As we made our way in, we noticed that Niall, Louis, Zayn, and I are the only one there. Where are Harry and Steff?

A few more hours passed and nothing. Still no news about the two. We all started getting worried. What if they don’t survive?

No one even dared to speak or make a joke. Not even Louis and he’s usually the one lightening the mood. But now, it’s different. No one can even smile. It’s gonna be supper soon and the snow storm is still there yet still no news. What if they die?

I stood up from the couch and went to the owner of the skiing place.

“Aren’t you gonna find them?” I yelled as I bursted through his office.

“We’re trying our best,” he stammered.

“Trying your best in what? Not trying to find them?” I muttered angrily. No one can even calm me down at this moment.

“We are trying our best,” he mumbled.

“Don’t try. Find them!” I yelled before slamming the door as I left. I went back to the cabin we are supposed to stay.

“You were so calm there,” Zayn stated with a small smile.

“We need to find them,” I defended myself.

“Yes but this time, we can’t do anything about it,” Niall said seriously. His blue eyes lost life. I feel sorry for him.

“What if they’re dead?” I blurted loudly causing the whole atmosphere to fall in deep silence.

“Don’t say that!” Louis yelled angrily before he went off to his room. We are all in deep shit.

---

For some reason, we all fell in a deep sleep before we heard someone screaming.

“We found them!”

I got up the instant I heard this and rushed through the living room. The lads did the same and we all sat on the couch.

“We found them but they’re both in critical condition,” the owner said sadly.

“Why critical?” Louis asked.

“The boy was really pale and he slowly breathes while the girl hardly breathes,” he announced.

“Where are they?” Niall asked.

“In the hospital,” he simply said before we all headed out for the hospital. No way, we’re not gonna save them.

The moment we reached the hospital, we quickly went to the room to find them. I froze.

Harry was massively pale as he was lying on the uncomfortable white bed with needles sticking on his arms. He looks peaceful. The actual first time I saw him smile at his sleep because we always take pictures of Harry sleeping for blackmailing purposes.

Then, on the other bed lays Steff. She really looked hurt and she’s paler than Harry- which says a lot. She even needed an oxygen tank just to be able to breathe.  By looking at her, you could already hypothesize all the pain she had to go through. Like when you see her at this vulnerable state, all you could feel is pity and guilt.

Harry and Steff, we need you.

~’~’~

I apologize for a very short chapter. I always make short chapters cause no feedback.

VOTE and COMMENT or else, slower updates. Please don’t be a silent reader.

Holla!