Chapter 11

(Harry’s POV)

It’s been a month since I have been awake. Let’s just say that some people are still here to support as even if we messed up our comeback interview. But you could also say that we are nearing the end of One Direction.

Media has been nonstop about the interview. We had been bugged every day of the week through almost everything. I just can’t deal with this anymore. It’s like I want to give up already.

On another note, management had been kind of enough to extend the deal. They have given us another month to fix everything but they are letting us on our own. I do not know why. Maybe they had faith in us. Maybe they care. Though they’ll still fix our appointments, we would be nowhere if they let us handle that one.

It’s my turn now to visit Steff. Yes, we had organized who visits her at specific days and today is my day. I’m quite happy seeing her again even if she’s still asleep.

I took a seat on the chair beside her bed and watched her.

“Please come back Steff,” I whispered to her. I know she can’t hear me but I want her back so much.

I miss Steff so much. I miss seeing her dark brown eyes that are full of life. Her heart warming smile that she always manages to paint on her face. Her beautiful laugh that even anyone hearing it will laugh. We all miss her but I miss her the most.

When Taylor and I broke up, she was the first person who had comforted me. She didn’t judge me. She just understood me. It’s like she knew what was going on with me. Well, you shouldn’t really underestimate her. She’s more than that meets the eye.

She’s just like 16 but she was already finished with her studies and she’s a part time music critic. She just amazes me. She never fails to surprise me with her skills. On a short span of time we had spent, I can say that I am indeed having strong feelings for her. She’s just so perfect.

Steff has been asleep for 10 months now yet there are no changes. It’s still her constant breathing pattern and the constant beeping of the heart monitor connected to her. It scares me that one minute she could be breathing but on the next second, everything can stop and end her life. I wouldn’t want to see that. I can’t. Not when I have not told her what I wanted to say.

“Steff,” I breathed out before shaking my head. This is stupid.

“I know you can’t hear me but I’m gonna say this anyways because there might be a chance that you can hear me,” I said before chuckling.

“We miss you. We are all terrible without you. We are lost. You have made us stay down to earth. You are like an angel sent to heaven,” I said before stroking her cheek. She’s undeniably beautiful.

I chuckled hopelessly. This is stupid. She’ll never hear me. She might never wake up too.

“Harry?” Steff inquired as she stirred from her position and looked me in the eyes.

Steff.

---

(Julia/Steff’s POV)

It’s been a month since I woke up. Adjusting after a coma is really hard especially when you had to recover while flying out to different countries and continents almost everyday.

I can’t sleep without having the fear of falling into a coma again. I think it’s fair to say that I am terrified. But the lads, especially Harry, were kind enough to help me adjust. They helped me a lot. I don’t know how I could thank them enough.

It’s a windy Tuesday morning and I’ve decided to see what my boss needs to tell me. Hopefully, the boys have not figured out anything yet. If they do, I’m screwed big time.