Chapter 9

(Harry’s POV) (A/N: I hate doing this, kay)

The last thing I could remember, before everything went to black, was Steff carrying me. Then, I can’t remember anything. I didn’t even remember how I ended up in this hospital room but I’m sure that someone shouted ‘I’m not Steff.’ I still couldn’t figure out who said that.

I heard the doorknob being twisted so I pretended to sleep. The person slowly walked towards me(?). Now, I’m sure that the person walked towards my bed.

“I know you’re awake. It’s only me,” the person whispered on my ear. My brain tried to register who’s the owner of the voice but everything went black. So, I slowly opened my eyes to see who they are. Louis.

I shot Louis a smile and sat on my bed. He sat near me. I could tell he’s very tired.

“How are you feeling?” Louis asked me, trying to cheer up his inner self but failing utterly. I knew Louis too well.

“I guess okay,” I answered, not sure how I should feel.

“At least, you’re awake now,” Louis fake cheered with a fake smile.

“Yeah,” I nodded knowingly.

“How did it feel being in a coma?” Louis stammered, trying to hide the sadness.

“I don’t really know how I should feel,” I blurted hopelessly as I looked at Steff who was lying lifelessly on the bed beside mine.

“We missed you,” Louis stated before giving me a bone crushing hug. We pulled away after a few minutes.

“How long was I asleep?” I asked with enough courage. I don’t want to know how long I was asleep but I needed to know.

“Three months,” Louis said quietly. An uncomfortable silence fell upon us as I don’t know what to respond.

“How are you?” I asked him, breaking the silence.

“Well, we all have been very worried and tired. Management gave us a six month break and there’s still a month left then you woke up,” Louis told me.

“You sure that management allowed us to have a six month break?” I asked Louis. That doesn’t seem like management at all.

“I know. It surprised all of us too,” he said with a small laugh.

“What have happened when I was asleep?” I asked, not really sure.

“Well, Payzer is still there so is Zerrie and especially, Elounor,” Louis winked. I punched him lightly.

“Okay, okay,” he said with a small laugh.

“Well, paps have wanted to know why we were put on break. Fans have left us. There are still lots of Directioners but lesser. Paps soon knew about the coma and wouldn’t stop talking about it. The four of us have stayed low profile until the break ends,” he stated firmly. Stupid paps.

“Where are the lads?” I asked.

“Well, Liam and Zayn are in their hometowns. They couldn’t handle all this so they both needed a break but they called everyday to know how you two are doing. Niall is in the hospital cafeteria, trying to eat the rubbish food. He actually lost lots of weight. He can’t even eat. Then, there’s me who has been miserable all along,” Louis ended with a hopeless smile. This made me frown.

“Do you think she’ll wake up?” I asked as I took a glance on Steff.

“There’s a 50:50 chance that she’ll survive,” he said quietly as he looked straight in my eyes. I don’t know how to feel. I felt my whole world fall apart.

“This is my entire fault,” I muttered.

“This is all Liam’s fault,” Louis corrected.

“It’s all no one’s fault. Now, stop blaming someone,” Niall reprimanded as he entered the room. He did look skinnier. What happened to the Niall who’s carefree? I wonder what happened to them when I was in a coma. I feel like Louis is still hiding the truth from me.

“Sorry,” I mumbled as Niall settled on the couch near my bed. Niall nodded.

“Well, it’s time for me to eat as Niall is back,” Louis announced before leaving.

“Niall, what did really happen?” I asked him once Louis is not around.

“Lots of things happened, Harry. You might not take all of it after just waking up,” Niall said as he avoided my gaze.

“Is it true that management gave us a six month break?” I asked Niall.

“Yeah,” he said sadly.

“Niall, please tell me,” I said as I stared at his lifeless cerulean eyes.

“One day, we will. Don’t think about it now. Just rest,” Niall encouraged as he went out to go to the nurse.

After the nurse took tests, I am finally okay and there’s nothing wrong. I’m a bit happy about it. The nurse told me to sleep but how could I?

How could I sleep knowing that I might fall into a coma again? How could I sleep knowing something is definitely wrong? How could I sleep knowing that a girl beside me is lifeless? How could I sleep knowing I might not wake up again? How could I?

I took a deep breath before pushing all my thoughts away. They’re right. I shouldn’t worry myself too much. I need a rest.

---

(Julia/Steff’s POV) (A/N: You deserve to know what’s going on while she’s in a coma)

I see a very beautiful scenery in front of me. I see a very happy family living in a small cottage. Then, I saw the dad dying. Everything falls apart. The mom and her older sister goes away and pursues they’re dreams while the youngest daughter lives alone in a lonely world.

She manages to live in her own despite her age. She manages to see the beauty in life. So, she started pursuing her dreams too. She gets it but she knows that she’s not doing it right. She’s not happy with what she’s doing. It’s like she’s just a robot.

She’s on her way home then she ends up in a car crash and the last thing she heard was ‘Are you happy now?’. She don’t quite get it. But dreams are supposed to be like that, right?

They’ll never make sense unless one day comes and everything will make sense.

I still don’t get it.

Are you happy now?

~’~’~

A vote and a comment is very much appreciated. A follow is also appreciated.

PLEASE PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!