Chapter Two

As soon as I walked through the door I knew everybody had seen the picture and even if they hadn't seen it last night it was the first thing you saw when you walked through the gates. Several laughs filled around me. I always tried to not let Maddie and her posse's words get to me but she'd taken this too far, as always.

I push through the crowds of people to find Paige waiting for me in the cafeteria, we take a seat in the corner.

"I need your help." I say.

"With what? Everyone knows you're the smartest person here." Paige laughs.

"I've started a gossip blog about Maddie and co, I need your help to spread the word." I smile, even though Paige was my friend (which was a deadly crime is Maddie's book.) everyone loved her if anyone could do this it would be her.

"Can do." She smiles, she hated Maddie just as much as I did.

Speaking of the devil.

"Paige, move." Maddie sighs.

"No, anything you say to Chloe you can say to me." Paige says.

"Fine, whatever," Maddie rolls her eyes "I just wanted to apologise."

"You did?" I ask, as if.

"I'm just so sorry that you're such a loser," she smiles, of course, "anyway I'm going to go, I don't want to catch something."

"Neither do I." I whisper.

"Don't get sassy with me Lukasiak," Maddie says walking away, "bye Paige, Chloe."

"I'm going to spread the word right now." Paige smiles.

***

By lunch time I could hear the occasional conversation about Rumor has it which made me smile. Paige had done it! People were ready to hear gossip and I was ready to write my first article.

I found Paige after class and gave her a big hug, "Well done! People are talking about it." I smile.

"I told you I could do it," Paige laughs "so what's the first article going to be about?"

"I was thinking, throw back Thursday, back to when it-girl Maddie and loser Lukasiak were best buds." I laugh.

"Sounds like a plan." Paige says.

***

When I get home I began the article:

Hello!
Rumor has it Maddie Ziegler used to be best friends with Chloe Lukasiak.

I know what you're thinking, who is Chloe Lukasiak?

Well I have my sources and I have found that Lukasiak is everyone's favourite toilet dunk, you all know piss-face.

She is shown here with Ziegler at age 10, showing that they were truly once BFFs. What happened past age 11 is a mystery. But what do you think does this make Maddie even lamer? Or Chloe cooler?

Rumor, out.