Chapter 3 - The Ball

*Charlotte*

I fix my hair after I slipped on my gown for the evening I was a blue Chiffon (Charlottes look on the side) "will you zip up my dress please" I came from behind the screen and turned around "you are the definition of beauty its self" he whispered into my ear and he zipped the back of my dress "why thank you Mr Mikaelson" I turn round and kiss him sweetly "may I" he held out his arm I took it an was led out to the party "you look very dashing Kol" I commented "well. Only the best for my wife"

I saw my brother with the Mayor Lockwood "let's introduce ourselves to the Mayor. Shall we" we smiled and headed towards my brother and Mayor "Mayor Lockwood" they turned to face us "Kol Mikaelson and this is my Wife Charlotte" he introduced us we shook her hand "I hope your town embraces us as we plan to embrace it" he smiles "Damon" I greet "Charlotte" I look at Kol "Kol this is my brother Damon. Damon this is my husband Kol" I introduced them.

Damon held out his hand but Kol didn't shake it. I hit is arm and gave him the look as if too say 'Play nice' he straightened up and shook his hand. We took our leave and headed towards Bekah when I stopped "what's wrong?" Kol asked "something's not right. "I'm not leaving until I know what Ester wants" Damon and Stefan were with the doppelganger. "Kol go to Bekah I'll be back" I waved in and out the crowd and I found Klaus.

"What's your mother up to?" I questioned as I took a glass of champagne "what do you mean?" he replied "I mean that your mother wants to talk to Elena. What business does the two have." he sighed "why do you think I would know" I looked at the trio "a hunch? But I will tell you this if you plan to let your guard down don't weather you like it or not she is up to something" I warned him "I didn't think you cared" he teased "about you no but if Kol, Rebekah or Elijah are brought into this she has made her first mistake. Excuse me"

I made my way over to Elena "hello Elena. Brothers" I smiled they all nodded at me "would you mind if I steal Elena for a moment or two" she looked at them before joining me "don't worry I won't bite" we made are way onto the balcony "so Elena. Ester wants an audience with you. Why?" I get straight to the point "how did you?" I turn and look at her "let me tell what's going to happen. You are going to find out what she wants, and then tell me. If you don't I will find everyone you hold dear and hurt them, sadly including my brothers. Are we clear." She gulps and nods I go to leave "oh and if you ever turn out like Katharine you wish Klaus had killed you"

I find Kol sulking "awe what's wrong missed me" my Damoness comes out "partly but Bekah just lead me on" I furrowed my eyebrows. He started telling me how they planned to hurt one of Elena's friends Matt but then she backed out. There was a glass clinking Ester made her appearance. Kol took me to the stair case where I stood beside him. "Good evening ladies and gentleman. Waiters are coming round with champagne, I invite you to join me in raising a glass, and it provides me with no grater joys than to see my family back together as one. I'd like to thank you all too apart of this spectacular evening. Cheers" I and Kol clinked our glasses I keep my eyes on Ester.

The feeling in my gut tells me something is wrong. "Please excuse me for a second Darling I have some business to take care of "I nodded and he left I saw Elijah talking with Elena. "Elijah I need to talk to you." I muttered he turned and found me in the crowd he nodded and excused himself we founds a quite room "can I trust you?" was my first question "what do you mean Charlotte?" I place my glass on the table I rubbed my hands together and parted them "I want to tell you something that only Kol knows but I feel that I can trust you as well. Are my feelings right." I stress "you have my word you can trust me" I breath a sigh of relief "what I tell you goes no further only myself and Kol know okay" he nodded "Klaus is not the only Hybrid in this town and I don't mean vampire werewolf"

I sit my self down "a few years before I met Kol I ran into a witch she knew what I was but told me there was something different. My mother had an affair before she had Stefan." He sat across from me "I'm not following." He looks puzzled "my real father was a warlock. But not just any warlock he was descended for the Devon line" I told him "Devon but..." he trailed off "there were three Original witches your mother, Ayah and Loretta." I began to tell him of what I had learned "Loretta had a child out of wedlock and sent her away. I'm sure you know that if a witch turns all connections are lost. In my cast it's different"

"What about the other the sure know now..." I smiled "cast a silence bubble around the room know one can hear us." I stood up "your mother is up to something she wanted to see Elena. In a short amount of time you and Rebekah have become like siblings too I and I love Kol so she threatens you. Seen as for 19 years I was lead to believe I was a Salvatore so I gained some of my 'fathers' temper. That very bad" I undid the spell and smiled before I took my leave.

I found Kol with a large smirk on his face "you've been a bad boy haven't you." He takes my waist and kissed me "maybe. But there is something I've realised" I raise my eyebrows "I haven't danced with you all evening" I pouted "your right I think its time you make that up to me" we smiled at each other before leaving for the dance floor.

I enjoyed the rest of my night.