Welcome Home

JEZEBELLS POV
Our silver ute rolled into our driveway. I opened the door and nearly tripped over trying to get out. "Mum, see you later. I am going to prepare the yard!". I basically sprinted down the dirt path toward our tack room. Since we didn't have a barn, we have a small yard with baling twine to tie him up. I needed to reorganise the tack room: getting feed in the right containers, setting up saddle and bridle racks, cleaning my gear and sorting my grooming box. For some reason, I never wanted a big, huge barn like they had at Pine Creek, the stable around the corner. Thats what made me special. I had no trainer, I owned my own horse (and didn't just lease it), I looked after my horse and most of all, I compete for myself, not a boarding stable. I was always special. They all looked at me funny in show, laughed at me behind my back because I had no trainer, sniggered at the fact that I had my horse right at my back door. It never bothered me though, because whenever they one a ribbon, second or third because I had one, it wasn't for them. It was for the stables.

An hour later, I hear a low, grumbling sound. I looked up from saddle and soap to look out the window. It was him! He's finally here! I shoved open the door and it crashed back to its usualy position with a bang. But I didn't care, my supposedly dead horse is here, and ready to compete within a week!

A girl, about my age, stepped out of the passenger door. "Who are you?" I asked. She held out a hand, "I'm Esther."

ESTHER'S POV
This girl is nice. She is lucky to have such a nice horse. I was wondering whether I should ask her to teach me to ride? I would love to learn, but I don't want to go to that fancy stable around the corner, as all the mean girls from my school go there. Looking up I saw that this girl, Jezebel, Had taken Cloudy off the float and was hugging him. I knew this was the time to do it, but didn't want to look stupid. "Umm, Jezebel?"
"Yes, Esther?"
"Errr, umm. I was wondering..." I inhaled a sharp breath, "If you could teach me to ride?"