c.1

May

The screen of my iPhone lit up once I pressed the home button, revealing a group photo of me and my friends from graduation. I inhaled deeply as I typed in my password and tapped on the screen once more, bringing up my voicemail box.

"May, I'm sorry I missed you yet again." I heard his hushed voice through the speaker. "You think I would get better at this.." His voice trailed off. "I just wanted to call and see how things were going this week. I know it's only been a week since I last spoke to you, but I would love to hear your voice again. Call me back when you get the chance. Goodbye."

I thought about my recent message before calling back the number. I knew my call would go straight to voicemail, but I called back anyways.

I heard one set of rings before I heard his voice again. "Hey sorry I can't come to the phone right now. Leave your name and number if you really care to talk to me."

The corners of my mouth turned upwards into a small smile after the beep. "It's me, May, I'm sure I don't have to say it but I don't want you to forget me. I know your busy and that's why I'm leaving this message." I chuckled as I began to pace back and forth in my small room. "It sucks that our schedules never line up properly because I miss talking to you." I paused physically and mentally, deciding on my next words. "I miss the way we used to talk. Anyways I'm probably getting too weird for a voicemail. I'll talk to you later." I rushed to end the call before throwing my phone into my bag and rushing out the door.

-----
authors note
hey its gwyn back from the dead. i wanted to make a fic again really bad so here i am. I hope you guys enjoy this and vote nd comment :)