c.10

Ashton

All of my teammates were buzzing over the schedule being released. I, on the other hand, was panicking. Considering what words were written on the paper I was given, I should be happy.

I was scared. Scared of the future and scared to talk to her. I was unsure of how to tell her. I didn't know if I wanted to make it a surprise or just call her. The thing is that I haven't responded to any of her calls in days. I responded vaguely to text messages, but never a voicemail. I felt ridiculous that I went on that date. I felt like I was betraying May in some way. Things we're weird between us ever since we started school. We never really broke up but we never made it clear we would stay together. 

"I'm so pumped about this schedule." Josh said, sitting down next to me with a big smile on his face. "I've never been to Florida. Do you think we can go to Disney? I mean isn't University of Central Florida near there?" Josh questioned. 

"I don't think we're going to Disney, Josh."

"Are you okay, Ashton? I mean you've seemed weird since the other night. I thought the schedule would get you pumped."

"No it's a good schedule. Plus now my family gets to see me play." I stared down at the piece of paper I was given. "That's always good."

"You're from that area right? Do you think any of your high school hotties are going to come out and support you?" Josh playfully nudged my arm. "There has to be at least one." By this time everyone else had left the field and it was just Josh and me sitting on the bench. 

"I guess I'm excited to see her. It's just complicated right now." 

"Dude I will totally help you get back with this chick. You should do a surprise visit." Josh offered, seemingly excited about the whole idea of it. I thought about how his idea could work. When I went to UCF just before I left I got her roommates number, just in case I wanted to do something like this. It was her idea. She claimed she's never seen anyone like me and May before. 

"I like it." I simply stated. I continued to tell Josh about May's roommate and the possible plan.  With every second we talked I began to feel even shittier for ignoring May. She didn't deserve me being such a dick and ignoring her. But I was going to make up for that. 

"I like the plan. Now we just have to wait for next week." Josh gave me a high-five. "I've never really heard of this May girl, but I know she's good for you Ashton. I can't wait to hear about how this plan is going to work perfectly. I'll catch you later."

"Thanks Josh." 

---

this chapter was a little shorter bUT the next will be better than this one so there's that

also i didn't proof read this so if anything's wrong don't make fun of me

also ALSO ISNT HELLO BY ADELE THIS FAN FIC AF H O N E S T L Y GO FUCKING LISTEN TO IT IF YOU HAVEN'T.