8) The Soccer Mom

Lena
-

The house was huge. I don't even know if I can call it a house. My favorite part is the spiral staircase. I've always wanted to come down a spiral staircase in a fancy gown, but knowing myself, I'd trip and tumble down the stairs and snap my neck.

"Yeah it's pretty and big, but our other house..." He smiled. "It was small and yellow, we had a small picket fence and one of those creepy little gnomes that everyone is terrified of." He grinned.

"Sounds like you miss it." I rubbed his arm.

"Yeah, I grew up there." He smiled shaking his head. "Anyways you want to watch a movie?"

"Okay." I smiled.

With that he led me up the stairs.

"Oh my gosh I can't." I was trying to catch my breath  "how long are these stairs?!"

He laughed. "We have literally only gone up ten steps. "

"Oh god I'm so out of shape. " I laugh then cough. "Laughing makes it worse. "

"You are something else Lena. " I smiled up at him and started walking up the stairs again.

"You should invest in an elevator."

"I'll be sure to tell Bart. " he smiled.

Once we got to the top I patted my stomach. "Pretty sure I have abs now."

He smiled. "You're funny."

"So I've been told." I do a hair flip.

He laughs again. "Follow me. " I followed him and he led us to another set of stairs.

"Ughhhhh." I groaned.

He grinned. "Kidding, that's the attic. Daren's lives up there. "

"Oh thank god. " I laughed.

He led me to another room. The walls were light blue with random posters. He had multiple trophies on the wall. My hand ran over his name on each football trophy. A few from his childhood, a lot more now.

"Wow, you must be good." I smile.

"Haven't you been to a game?" He asked.

"Sort of. I mean my friend and I go but I normally just check out...guys. Sorry too much information." I cleared my throat embarrassed.

He just laughed and looked for a movie.

I walked to his bed and collapsed on it. "Most exercise I've done all year. "

He finally found a movie to watch and he laid down beside me. I put my head on his shoulder and got comfortable.

-
-

After the movie I decided to go home since school was over by now. I needed to get ready for the Gala and break it to my mom that I don't have a dress.

I walked up to my room and took a shower. I decided to let my hair air dry, considering I still had time. I pulled my sports bra on and my shorts. I combed my hair to untangle it then shook it so it wouldn't be flat down.

I started to sing along to my iPod and enjoy the song more. I grabbed lotion and started applying it to my body.

"Destination, permanent vacation!" I shouted the last part.

I laughed and walked out into my room.

I jumped seeing someone on my bed. He laughed seeing me surprised.