18) The Movie Moment

Lena
-
"We need to talk."

Oh.

"About what?"

"I don't want you hanging out with Daren anymore." He says bluntly.

"Woah," I furrow my brows at him, "why?" He looks at me as if I'm completely oblivious. I mean I don't see anything wrong with hanging out with Daren, besides the fact that he's an asshole sometimes, he's actually a pretty good friend.

"Are you serious?" Isaac looks dumbfounded.

"Yeah." I tilt my head to the side completely confused.

"He likes you Lena!" Isaac all but shouts.

I burst out laughing. "Yeah right. Good one." I wipe my eyes from the tears that I laughed out.

"I'm serious, I didn't feel comfortable with the fact that he slept over," My face fell. He was serious. "I was also a little hurt that you turned me away then invited him over."

"Well, I didn't invite him over, Daren just showed up at my house." I was a little irritated but then I put myself in his position, if I had a step sister whom I didn't like and was spending the night at my boyfriends house I'd be pretty mad too. "I can't promise you that I'll stop hanging out with him because he is my friend," I sigh, "but I'll talk to him and make sure he doesn't come over unannounced anymore."

Isaac physically relaxed, "thanks." He smiled.

The waiter came with our food and my eyes lit up.

-
-

"Sup cupcake?" Daren greets me after Isaac walks off to class. "Coming to the party tonight?"

"We haven't even won the game yet? Why does everyone asume we will win?"

"Bear creek is weak." Daren shrugs.

"So I've heard." I chuckle. "Oh right, I have to talk to you."

Daren hold up a finger, "I'll save you the time." He clears his throat and speaks in a squeaky voice, "Daren we can't be friends anymore because my boyfriend is a jealous jock who thinks you like me." He clears this throats again, "did I get it all? Or did I miss something?" He's speaking normal again.

I cross my arms, "First of all, I don't sound like that." I glare at him. "Secondly, Isaac can't control who I'm friends with but he has a point, I can't exactly be having sleepovers with my boyfriend's brother. "

Daren looks confused, "Wait, so Isaac didn't tell you to stop hanging out with me?"

"No he did, but he's not my boss. I'm not going to give up one of my friends because my boyfriend thinks you like me." I smile up at Daren. "But seriously dude, no more sneaking into my house without knocking." I pat his arm and wave goodbye before I'm late to class.

-

"Did we just win?" I ask Daren incredulously.

"Told you," he bumped my shoulder, "go run to your man."

"This isn't a movie, people don't really do that." I chuckle.

"Well he's looking for you so maybe it does."

I shrug, what have I got to lose. I rush down the steps and start running towards Isaac who obviously hasn't spotted me yet. I jump on his sweaty back and kiss his equally as sweaty cheek. "You did great babe." I hop off his back and give him a proper hug.