28) The Calm Before

Lena
-

A few weeks later, Daren officially gets cleared to go back to his regular activity which means he gets to go back home.

"You're gonna miss me." Daren teased as he packed up his bag.

"Nah, I think I'll enjoy my solitude." I smirked laying in the guest bed as I watch him pack.

He stuck his tongue out. "I'm gonna miss your mom's cooking." He pulled a few things from the closet and shoved them into the bag.

"Let me fold that." I sat up and grabbed his bag.

"No, Lena you don't have to." He chuckled.

"Just let me do it." I smiled pulling out the last few things he threw in the and folding them each neatly before putting them back in the bag.

"I'm gonna miss you." He groaned throwing himself on the bed and pulling me with him.

"You're just going to your house, not off to war." I giggled looking up at him.

He looked down and tucked a lose strand of hair behind my ear. "I might as well be."

I sighed and closed my eyes. "just promise you'll leave Issac alone, I hate the guy just as much but he's just not worth our time."

"I'll think about it." He whispered against my cheek

I giggled. "I'm serious Daren, I don't want you to get hurt."

"Can we not talk about him right now?" He tilted my head and pressed his lips to mine softly.

I hummed and nodded. "good idea."

He grinned and pulled me closer.

I leaned up kissing him as I pulled off my sweater. He held my waist and repositioned us so he was laying down and I was on top.

I leaned down kissing him again and he grinned. "You're so beautiful."

I blushed hiding my face in his shoulder. "nooooo."

He laughed against the skin on my shoulder, "God I love you."

My eyes widened and I sat up surprised by his words. "You what?"

He looked equally as shocked. "i-i s-sorry- I gotta go." He moved me from his lap and grabbed his bag running out as quick as he could.

I sat there frozen not knowing what to do. Did he just say love? Like love, love? No that can't be we're kids we don't know what the means. I mean we've only been together for a few weeks.

I did the only thing I could think off and called Maya. I told her about everything that happened and then I started spiraling.

"Love means marriage, I don't want that I'm 18! I can't get married I haven't even gone to prom yet! My parents got married young and look at them-"

"Okay Lena, breathe. Everything is going to be fine, you're just over thinking it."

"I just- I've never gone through this before.." I groaned pacing my room.

"It's gonna be fine, just keep calm." She reminded.

"And carry on?" I chuckled. "sorry, Daren just ran out of here and I don't know what to think."

"Look, I don't know what you want to hear but he could have just been caught up in the moment and it just slipped out, maybe he didn't mean it at all. Or he really does love you and he's scared. The real question is how do you feel?"

"I-i don't know... I really like to spend time with him, he makes me laugh." I smile looking down at my feet.

"Okay, so tell him that. Try to talk to him and see what he's feeling. And remember it's okay if you're not ready for that step. Love is a big word. Be sure to mean it when you say it." Maya always knew how to make me feel better.

"Thank you Maya, you're a life saver. I'm gonna call him and see what he's feeling."

"Atta girl. Okay I'll be here so call me with update."

"Okay! Bye." I hung up and grabbed my coat.

I grabbed my phone.

L: Hey, sorry about earlier. I'm on my way over, let's talk :)

I grabbed my car keys and made my way out to my car. I don't know exactly how I feel but I know I like him and don't want to lose him.

A million thoughts are running through my mind as I make my way over. I don't know exactly what I'm going to say but I know I'm not ready for love and that's okay.

I pull up to his father's house and climb out of my car. Nervously I walk up to the door and knock. I try to stay in place, normal I would pace until I made a hole in the floor.

When the door opens I see Isaacs mother. "oh hello Mrs. Gray."

"Elena, hello. What are you doing here? Are you looking for Isaac?" She smiles sweetly.

I try to resist rolling my eyes. "No, actually I'm here looking for Daren." I smile just as sweetly.

"Oh, he didn't tell you? He came home to pick up his car and said he was going out of town. That boy, he's always getting into trouble." She sighed. "anyways you can leave a message."

"Uh, no. That's fine. Thank you." I frown and back away. "goodbye." I waved and pulled out my phone dialing Daren almost immediately.

After a few seconds, "Its Daren, leave a message or whatever."

I groaned hanging up. "where the hell are you?"

I sigh and toss my phone into the passenger seat and driving off.