Lock

A/N: Hello! look guys, I updated :) as a side note I would like to say that this chapter does have the doctor in it, but it doesn't follow his story line so it's lock. just an fyi.

This chapter is pretty much plot-based, so no fluff or anything. don't worry, there will be plenty more of that later ;) (well there is some Mystrade if you squint a little)

This chapter is dedicated to ImSuperWhoLocked because she has left me several awesome comments and I have somehow still not dedicated a chapter to her. Plus, she is an amazing writer and you should check out her stories :)

Carry on with the story then

*~~*

Chapter 10

Sherlock leaned comfortably back in his chair, tipping his head to steeple his fingers under his chin while facing the ceiling while the teacher droned on- something incredibly unimportant, who cared about the solar system anyways- and thought long about the case that he had created about Mike. It just didn’t make sense why the body disappeared. And unfortunately, he didn’t have time to properly examine the corpse out in the woods. It’s been weeks, and there was still no lead in the case. Absolutely nothing!

                “Sherlock!” The harsh voice of his teacher snapped him out of his thoughts, and he tilted his head forward enough so that he could see the cold glare she was sending at him.

                “Yes Mrs. Mackenzie?” He asked innocently, and out of the corner of his eye he could see the doctor smile a little to himself, shaking his head slightly.

                “I asked you a question.” She snapped, impatiently tapping her foot.

                “Ah, so it seems you have.” Sherlock answered calmly, getting a little satisfaction from the snickers that rose around him.

                “Would you mind… answering the question?” She hissed, infuriated.

                “Well, it seems you are a little daft because clearly I didn’t hear what you asked me. Oh, don’t look so offended, you’re all idiots and nobody pays attention in astronomy anyways. But, if you are so eager for me to speak in front of the class, I guess I will- you’re pulling my leg here.” Sherlock cleared his throat, sending the doctor a cheeky smirk before continuing. “You are frustrated that nobody cares about the subject that you teach, evident on the pre-mature lines around your eyes. You’re passionate about the stars and space in general, but you weren’t clever enough at college to get your degree and become a scientist, so you’ve resorted to teaching teenagers- dreadful mistake by the way. You are especially irritated this morning because over the weekend you had a row with your husband- newlywed judging by the ring on your finger. You want children, he doesn’t, and Oh! You’re pregnant. Seems like the bastard ran out on you- my condolences- of course but don’t worry, I’m sure the man you were cheating on him with, the father of your child most likely, will help you.” The class was dead silent now, and Mrs. Mackenzie stood there, fingers trembling with anger. It was a couple of awkward seconds before she was able to say anything.

                “Get… out… of my… classroom.” She hissed, and Sherlock sent her another smile before grabbing his textbook.