Lock

A/N: I'm back! :) And I'm currently curled up in a fetal postition smiling at all the amazing comments that you guys left me. I'm seriously overwhelmed you guys are the best

This chapter is kind of short and I haven't written my next one yet (I know shame I have been procrastinating) but it's supposed to explain what happened between Sherlock and John

I'm putting a video on the side it's for the song "Back 2 Good" by Matchbox 20. I was writing this chapter when this came on my ipod, and it really inspired parts of it and it's also my break up song so it fits nicely.

This chapter is dedicated to @geniuswriter14 because they left me an awesome comment on my story (guys it's getting so hard to pick)

Chapter 19

Sherlock walked along the wall, trying to avoid the crowd. Large groups of people always made him nervous, but he was too embarrassed to tell that to John. He figured he could avoid the crowd for a bit, then go back and hang out with John. As long as they didn’t have to dance. Sherlock shuddered at the thought of being dragged into that sweaty, loud, jumble of horny teenagers. No thank you. Plus… Sherlock was embarrassed at the fact that he couldn’t very well dance. He leant against the wall, nursing a glass of punch when he felt a presence next to him.

                “I could’ve pegged you as more of a wallflower than a dancer.” Irene purred, leaning closer to Sherlock.

                “Hello Irene. You look underdressed in your flapper costume this evening.” He stated, moving a little to the left to put more distance between them.

                “You say the sweetest things.” She smirked, stepping closer.

                “You want something.” Sherlock stated. It was obvious enough, she had been pestering him all week for information. If anything, he had to admire her persistence.

                “I want a lot of things, that you are correct.” She said, leaning up on the wall next to him and holding out a cigarette while lighting her own. “Want one?”

                “We are in the middle of a school dance, there are teachers milling about everywhere, and my boyfriend is here.” Sherlock argued, but he kept an eye on the cigarette the entire time. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to just have one drag…

                “There are smoke machines  everywhere, and I can just say that they’re part of my costume.” Irene countered, a little smile on her lips. She knew that he would say yes. Silently, Sherlock took the cigarette and lit it, taking a drag and smiling when he felt the familiar rush of nicotine.

                “Alright, now that you have bribed me, what do you want?” He asks, eyeing her warily.

                “I’ve actually come to inform you of something.” She whispered, looking around.

                “And what is that?” He asks.

                “I have taken a liking to you.”

                “Oh really?” He smirks, arching an eyebrow. “Haven’t noticed.”

                “Shut up for a second.” She hisses, flushing bright red. “Anyways, my boyfriend Jim has also noticed, and he has dumped me.”

                “My condolences, but I guess I should let you know, in case that it wasn’t obvious, that I am gay and in a relationship with John.”