SuperWhoLock

A/N: Hello! Happy mid season hiatus everyone *gross sobbing* I really can't handle both Supernatural and Agents of SHIELD at the moment....

so, yeah, here's my long overdue chapter. With break coming up I'll have time to do things I couldn't normally do during a school week like sleep and have proper brain function so I'm planning to release 3 chapters during those 2 weeks.

Not much to say on this chapter. Fluff. Angst. Ships. Plot. Hope it's good.

Chapter 28

                “Hey Cas.” Dean managed to get out, which he applauded himself for. Granted, it wasn’t really a complex sentence, but it was more than he thought he could manage given the circumstances.

                “My head feels funny.” Cas announced, straight-faced, and Dean rolled his eyes.

                “Of course it does you’ve got a freaking concussion.” He snorted, but Cas just squinted his eyes, making his nose crinkle up.

                “No not like that, like… I feel really light-headed.” Dean sighed. The stuff that he gave Cas was a bit strong, but he figured the guy would just pass out anyway. He expected anything, really, to happen, besides this. “I feel like an angel.” Castiel announced, pushing Dean out of his thoughts.

                “An angel?” Dean repeated incredulously.

                “Yep.” Cas replied, popping the ‘p’, and leaning even closer to Dean. “Although, when I’m with you, I don’t feel like an angel.” Dean’s mouth went incredibly dry all off a sudden.

                “Is that so?” He managed to get out, and Castiel nodded, leaning back with a self-satisfied smile on his face.

                “Yep. That’s because it’s considered to be a sin to like men, and they tell me that I’m going to hell so I guess an angel can’t go to hell.” Castiel said all of this with a childlike innocence, yet the words rang deep in Dean’s mind. Is this really what Cas thought about them dating?

                “Hey Cas, you don’t really believe all of that, do you?” Dean questioned softly, resting his hand against Cas’s cheek, who leaned into it a little, smiling.

                “I don’t really know what to believe.” He hummed, thinking a bit to himself. “But I guess if somehow my father was right it’s okay because I love you.” Dean’s heart stopped for a beat, an another, and it seemed like forever until it started going again, racing at top speed. Cas’s words’ echoed throughout his head. I love you. I love you. I love you. Cas then softly pressed his lips against Dean’s, who was still frozen with shock, until the latter slowly pushed him away. Cas made a soft noise of protest, making it very hard for Dean to think with his ‘upstairs’ brain.

                “It’s been a long day, and you’re drugged. I don’t want to do something that you would regret.” Dean sighed.

                “Alright.” Cas agreed after a moment, snuggling into Dean’s chest and shutting his eyes blissfully. Dean envied the way he was so peaceful, when his own mind was racing at a mile a minute. Cas said that he…. Loved Him. Dean shook his head, trying to make sense of the thought, but couldn’t. Dean doesn’t get loved by people, it just doesn’t happen and it’s something that he has accepted. Sam was really the only exception, but Dean figured that was more the result of the codependency they had on each other since their mom had died. Dean was a tool, used for sex, used for popularity, used for whatever the hell his dad needed him to do. Better to stay unattached, cause he learned the attachments are what get people killed. He looked down at Cas, whose face was resting on the crook of his arm making Dean smile fondly. He didn’t want to identify the feeling that he had for Cas, but he definitely couldn’t deny that they were there.  Cas must have felt his gaze, cause his blue eyes fluttered open, piercing Dean the same way they did the first time he saw him.