SuperLock

A/N: You know maybe I should just stop saying when I'm going to update cause I never update when I say I'm going to.

Yes, this is late, so this chapter cut off a bit shorter than I intended cause I knew if I stopped I would keep procrastinating and never finish.

So... I saw Thor 2 this weekend *screams* oh my god it was the best thing ever and they showed the captain america trailer and he is my favorite hero and now I am dead.

I am now also part of the Hetalia fandom because I went over to a friend's house after the movie and she introduced me to the show and we watched the 2 seasons of axis powers in one night and now I am obsessed.

Also, this would have been ready yesterday but my house was effected by the storms that went through the midwest and our power went out. Sucks to suck

ok, enough rambling, on with the chapter

Chapter 27

                John and Sherlock strode across the courtyard, Sherlock’s long coat blowing around in the wind that was picking up speed now.  It was starting to get darker earlier now, and although it was only a little before 5 in the afternoon the sun was already low in the sky. They walked together in the fall night, and John quickly pushed out an off-hand statement that Mary had made about taking walks in the sunset being romantic.

You’re on a case John! He yelled at himself, shoving his hands in his old army jacket pockets and walking quicker than Sherlock, refusing to walk with him anymore.

                “John, you’re going the wrong way.” Sherlock yelled after him, and John turned around to see Sherlock was standing by one of the math buildings, pointing to a pathway that was worn down by the trampling of a hundred pairs of feet per day.

                “Right.” John grunted, knowing full well that his cheeks were burning bright pink, and they were dark enough that he couldn’t just blame it on the wind.  In hindsight, it was probably a bad idea to walk in front when he had no idea where the athletics complex was.  They fell into step side by side on the pathway, and Sherlock was letting his hands swing lightly besides him until his hands brushed John’s arms, and he quickly shoved his hands back into his pockets again. He felt the pack of cigarettes that he stored in the lining of his pocket, forcing the need to pull one out and smoke out of his mind. He had made a promise that he wasn’t going to smoke anymore, and he had already failed John enough times that he had to get this right. That didn’t stop the 3 nicotine patches were plastered on his arm.

                “Quick left.” Sherlock bit out, and John stumbled before regaining his footing and spotting the faded door, a big red “Authorized Access only” sign plastered on the front.

                “Why do I get the feeling that you only know of this entrance because of that sign.”  John sighed, not bothering to ask a question he already knew answer to.

                “And you say that you don’t know me.” Sherlock smirked, winking at John before producing an old looking key and working it on the lock, pretending not to notice the blush that reappeared on John’s cheeks. “After you.” Sherlock held the door open, letting John go first into the narrow dark hallway before coming in letting the heavy door slam shut behind him. John moved slowly through the uncomfortable passage, too aware of Sherlock’s presence pressing from behind.

                “Do you have a flashlight?” John asked, cursing under his breath at how strained his voice sounded. There was no way that Sherlock didn’t pick up on that.