Chapter 1: Cases

I was breathing hard, the pain. it's unbearable, a thousand times worse than shifting for the first time. I let out an ear piercing scream, when I fall to the ground. I can feel so much power. None like I've ever felt before. 'Almost there Skylar. Just hang in there a little longer.' I hear my wolf tell me. 'I, can't... It hurts too much' I say back. I let out another scream.

"SKYLAR!" A familiar voice says while shaking me. I quickly open my eyes and pant.

"Good. you're awake. You were screaming. Are you okay?" My little sister Destiny says.

"Yeah, yeah," I pant. "I'm okay now. Thanks for waking me." I sigh rubbing my one bright blue and one light brown eyes.

"You need to get ready. It's the first day of school!" Destiny says jumping on my bed.

I grunt, and stand up and walk into the bathroom. I shut and lock the door and turn on the shower. I sigh at my appearance as I look in the mirror.

I get into the shower and wash my hair and face and body, etc. I like hot short showers. So I hop out and wrap up in a towel. I blow dry my hair and go into my room to get dressed.

I go back into the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my makeup.

I go down the stairs and grab a water, and my book bag.

"Bye mom!" I yell.

"You aren't staying for breakfast?" my mom asks sweetly.

"Nah, I am going to go meet up with Ky at the café." I smile.

"Okay, love you sky." My mom smiles. "Oh and try to make some more friends this year?" She says looking back at me.

I'm the lone wolf type.

Hahah, get it?

Anyone?

Nope? Okay, carry on.

Nobody really even has an interest to be my friend or anything but hey, thats okay. I have my bestfriends Kylie and Masen.

"Mom, if somebody makes an effort, I will too." I say.

My mom sighs knowing I'm not going to make the first move. "Alright."

"Okay bye love you." I say as I walk out the door and get into my car. I pull out my phone text Kylie.

To: Ky

'On my way! :D'

'Sent'

From: Ky

'See you soon, babay. :D'

I smile as I make my way to the café.

I walk in and immediately spot Kylie in our regular booth.

I slide into the booth facing her "How you doin' sexual?" I say winking.

Well, attempting anyway.

"I'm sexual as ever. How YOU doin'?" She winks back. We instantly go into a fit of giggles.

"Shall we go get our daily dose of coffee?" I say standing holding my arm out.

"We shall my good sir." Ky says, linking arms with me as we walk to the counter.

"Regular for you ladies'?" Julia the barista asks.

"Yes ma'am." Kylie smiles

Julia hands us our fraps, and we walk back to our booth.

Masen walks in and spots us and sits next to Ky holding a Walmart sack.

"Swigity swag what's in the bag?" I ask Masen.

They both giggle. Masen pulls out 3 'Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3,' iPhone cases.

"Well since it's the first day of school I figured we should be matching in some way this year." Masen laughs.

"Yes! I needed a new case!" Kylie grins.

"Me too!" I agree.

"Now we'll be the cool cats." I grin jokingly.

"Now, who gets to be thing 1?" Kylie asks

. We all give each other death glares, "3,2,1, go!" I yell.

Whoever grabs it first gets it.

"Ha! Yes, I'm thing 1!" Masen shouted, resulting in getting some stares, along with me and Kylie pouting.

"I claim thing 2!" Kylie quickly adds. I pout more.

"3rd times the charm right?" Masen says.

"I didn't think of it like that." I smile

"I'm better than both of you!" I mock, laughing.

I look to my side, and see someone,

I was never expecting to see.

*

*

*