Chapter 10

Chapter 10

For the rest of the night they chatted and half paid attention to the movie running on TV. As Ellie shares stories of Dylan, her son and her boyfriend Vince. Poor Vince was left babysitting the toddler, allowing Ellie to have the night to spend with her friends. Eventually, tired from the wine and chatting, they all snuggle into their sleeping bags, dozing off peacefully on the carpet flooring.

That night, as Eli had said, Ivy’s dreams started off pleasant enough, until it turned to her making out with her new boyfriend in the lonely diner changing room. Her body twists and flames of heat flicker as she feels herself lost in the dream, all of it feeling so real. Her petite body meshing with his much larger, muscular frame. Him crushing her against the wall as he leaves searing fiery kisses along her throat. She imagines him ripping off her shirt, buttons flying carelessly across the air, as he continues on his torturous path, down her body. His hands cover her small breasts which for some unknown reason to her were bare beneath her shirt. They expertly tug and squeeze her just right, causing her to slip down a little along the wall and moan in delight. Then slipping onto his knees, she sees him gaze up with a sexy smirk along his lips as he pops off the buttons on her jeans and wiggles them down. She imagines herself biting her lip as he pulls off the blue jeans along with her lacy boxers. His kisses along the inside of her thighs have her rolling her head back against the sturdy wall. She gasps as he kisses her right over...there. She imagines tugging his head closer, her fingers running through his soft blonde strands as she brings his hot mouth to deeper into her. His tongue, stroking and circling her most delicate, sensitive parts eliciting hot tingles and sparks to spread along her body. Ivy dreams of her moans rising in volume, the desire taking over and unable to resist she feels herself...come.
She then sees him standing up, the beautiful dream turns into a nightmare. His face is lips are set in a grim line, his expression angry. The walls seems to fade, Eli’s face changing, disappearing. Loud noises pound around her, the smell of alcohol and drugs surrounds her. Ivy glances down to see herself dressed in a short red, dress, her hair long as it sways against her back, and make-up dusts her face. Just as she’s gazing around to see body’s dancing, she feels herself being lead upstairs by some unknown force, into a bedroom. The room is dark, the music muffled but still audible, and there's someone with her there. Her heart is pounding as she sees his tall silhouette stride over to her.  
“Tyler,” she hears herself whispering and suddenly her more conscious,sleeping, mind clicks it in place. She tries screaming at herself in the background to wake-up. To not allow herself to relieve this, to not allow the memory to play but...she’s powerless to stop it. Ivy can feel the tightening in her heart as her cruel unconscious keeps her trapped in the dream.

“Ivy! Hey, Ives! Wake-up!”
Ivy’s eyes lash open, her fast blinks reeling the tears gathering in her eyes back. She lets out a deep breath, trying to calm her erratically beating heart.
“Hey, what happened? Are you okay?” Ellie asks, her hand stroking Ivy’s back, soothing her. Ivy just nods and glances over to a softly snoring Caroline, rolling her eyes at that. The girl could sleep through a storm.
“Yeah, thanks Ellie. It was nothing, just a stupid nightmare. Sorry for waking you,” Ivy smiles apologetically, hoping her words are assertive and believable enough. Ellie’s eyes however, flickers across Ivy’s face before she smiles a small satisfied grin.
“Alright. But...you know if something’s wrong. You can tell me...and Caroline. We love you,” Ellie reassures.
Ivy nods at Ellie, smiling wider as her heart blooms with the warm tingles of affection at hearing Ellie’s words, “thanks Elle. But I’m fine. Honest.”
“Okay, good night then.”
“Night.”

The next morning breakfast turned more into brunch as Ivy grins happily at her day off. She tries to mentally make a list of the things she’d like to do, in hopes of forgetting about last night’s dream turned nightmare. However it’s in vain, so the best Ivy can do is dull the memory.
“I need to go home and check on Dylan and Vince. But are we on for tonight?” asks Ellie, snapping Ivy back to the present.
“Wait tonight-”
“Yeah, sure thing, hon. Meet here at 9, okay?” answers Caroline ignoring Ivy’s confusion.
“Yep. Bye!” calls Ellie leaving a confused and flabbergasted Ivy behind.
“What. Is. Going. On?” demands Ivy, her hip cocked out and her arms crossed in a less than amused way.
Caroline just gives a cheeky smile and chirps, “Don’t worry about it, Ives. I need to go too, so see you later!”
Before Ivy can call her back, Caroline’s also grabbed her bags and dashed out.