Chapter 15

Chapter 15

“Hi,” grins Ivy giving her boyfriend a quick hug and peck on the cheek, before entering into his home.
“So...what’s going on? What do you need to tell me?” she asks, sitting herself onto the couch. She watches Eli shift from one foot to the other before clapping his hands and grinning.
“Actually...um, it’s nothing that important. How about we watch a movie first?”
Ivy raises her eyebrows with an unimpressed impression at his deflecting of the topic.
“No? Um, how about a game of cards? Charades? Cluedo?-”
“Eli!...Just tell me,” Ivy sighs. Eli paces in front of her, muttering to himself as he does so.
“Okay...okay...I just-I don’t how to tell you though...” he murmurs.
“Well...it’s like a plaster-you have to just rip it off,” Ivy offers.
“Alright....but you have to promise me, that you’ll stay to hear it all.”
“...I will, now just tell me,” she desperately pleads. All the scenarios were running through her mind in a huge tangled mess and only the need for truth rings out for her.

“I’m a werewolf,” he exhales.

“...What?” asks Ivy confused, blinking her eyes.
“I’m a werewolf,” he states again, a little louder this time.

Ivy freezes unable to think of what to say or even what to make of that. Of all the things she could possibly think up of, werewolf didn’t once cross her list. No...he can’t really believe himself to be some kind of mythical creature, can he? Perhaps he means he likes to dress up as one and do those geeky comic book convention things? And even though that’d be strange to Ivy, it’s better than, forcing herself to believe that Eli actually thinks he’s a werewolf.

“You mean....you like to dress up as a werewolf and go to those....comic convention things, right?” she asks slowly, afraid of the reply she’ll have.
Had it been anything less serious, Eli would have burst out laughing at the image of himself dressed up in a furry outfit in a room full of geeks.
“No...I mean, I am actually a werewolf,” he reiterates.
Ivy’s eyes widen as her mind mentally groans. Why? Why-oh-why does she did she have to fall for the mentally unstable?!
“Right....Eli, if this is a joke, it’s not funny. Just stop.-”
“Ivy I swear to you, I am not joking about this. My whole family...we’re all werewolves. And there’s many more of us out there. We just...keep ourselves hidden. Let me...let me prove it to you!” he cries.
Ivy feels her head pounding in utter and complete confusion. A part of her believes him and the larger part just doesn’t know what to think! But if he really does believe himself to be a werewolf, then Ivy guesses, he deserves the chance to ‘prove’ it. She has no idea how, but decides to let him for his own satisfaction.
“Okay...sure. Um, prove...prove to me you’re a werewolf,” she stumbles out, never imagining she’d ever be saying those words.
“Thank you,” he sighs.

As Eli starts stripping off his shirt, Ivy jumps up holding her hands out and crying out at him in protest.
“Woah! What are you doing?” she squeaks.
“Well, my clothes will rip. And I like this t-shirt,” he shrugs dropping the material on the floor and smirking wickedly at his blushing mate.
“Ugh. Fine. How about I turn around and you....you prove you’re a werewolf to me?”
“Or you could watch the show,” grins Eli causing Ivy to stick her middle finger up at him, having already spun her back to him.
Eli chuckles, quickly stripping the rest of his clothes and dropping them on the floor, then standing bare as the day he was born he concentrates on trying to reach that corner piece of his mind; where his wolf spirit is. The soft call to the spirit causes it to take over. The hair of his body magically starts sprouting inches further; his eyes dilating; pupils changing and claws extending from his fingers.
Then as his bones crack and restructure itself, Ivy turns around hearing the snapping.
Her jaw drops open and she immediately faints.

As Eli’s new eyes adjust to the bright light and the higher power of eyesight; his mind draws his attention to his crumpled mate, who lies unconscious in a heap at the couch. Rolling his wolf eyes, he pushes his head through her arms and tries to untangle her to lie flat on the floor in a more comfortable position. He lets out a soft yip to try awaking her but it doesn’t work. Then as an idea pops in his mind his furry lips pull up slightly into something that almost resembles a smirk.
His rough, long tongue rolls out and strokes along her soft cheek, leaving a trail of thick saliva in its path. It seems to have done the trick though as Eli sits onto his new back legs and watches as Ivy crinkles up her nose. Then her eyelashes flutter at her cheeks before they swing open revealing confused moss green eyes.

Ivy sits up and gazes around the room. It seems strangely familiar...Oh! Eli’s living room, she remembers but he doesn’t seem to be here. As she looks around she takes in the couch, the TV, the wolf and the table...Wait a minute! Her eyes swing back to the panting beast. Wolf! What the heck is a wolf doing in a lounge?! She mentally screams, panic rising in her at the creature sat patiently awaiting. Even with its thick golden-brown fur, long claws and powerful body; it still looks like a dog.
Ivy would close her eyes and rub her temples had it not been for the cautious side of her; she refuses to take her eyes of the dog-wolf-beast thing.