Chapter 22

Chapter 22

By the 4th round on the couch, Ivy had to stop him to get some rest. The man seemed to be some kind of machine and not having sex in so long means she just can’t keep up. So after trying to tell him to cease all sexual movements, within minutes she’s drifting off. Eli grins wickedly having exhausted his mate for now. Standing up on his tired legs, he hoists her petite body into his arms and takes to the stairs. It’s only at the top of the stairs that Eli realises he has no idea, behind which of the closed doors lies Ivy’s bedroom.

“2nd door to the right,” mumbles Ivy saving him from having to look through them all. He follows her instructions and lays her down onto the single bed. It’ll be cramped, he thinks, but it’s a lot better than the couch and besides, his mate doesn’t take up much room.
“You know, sex on the couch isn’t exactly what I had in mind for our special first time,” he mutters settling down beside her. Ivy doesn’t bother to open her eyes whilst responding with, “oh yeah? Then what were you expecting Romeo?”
“Well...after your bath, I wanted to walk with you in the park, grab some lunch as well. And then we’d go out for dinner in the evening at ‘The Picasso’ restaurant and when we’d get home, I thought I could lay out some rose petals on the bed and floor. And the whole room would only be lit up by vanilla candles,” explains Eli, because that is exactly what he’d had in mind until...well until there was that spanner in the works. He’d had to cancel the booking and the roses but the candles were all stored in his closet.
“Candles? Roses? Oh...wow, Eli that’s...incredibly sweet but that’s not me. I like simple, usually home-cooked food. And the candles? They would worry me. I’d be too nervous keeping an eye on them, making sure no invisible force pushes curtains or something onto them...Although, making love on a bed of petals would be cool. Except it’d be such a drag to clean it all up the next day,” mutters Ivy thwarting Eli’s entire idea.
Eli blinks in surprise, he’d never thought about it like that. Huh, he’d just wanted to make it romantic, not make it...specifically romantic, something he realises he just have thought about. Thank God, it hadn’t worked out.
“Do you always have to be so...practical?” grumbles Eli causing Ivy to laugh in response.
“Don’t feel bad! It was a sweet thought nonetheless,” Ivy tries to console him. To which he just grumbles a ‘yeah’ at.
Laughing lightly she kisses his cheek and settles her head against his chest.
“Now get some sleep. I expect star performance in a few hours,” she smirks against his skin. His chest rumbles in laughter as he wraps an arm around her shoulders and succumbs to sleep.

****

“E-Eli...okay, no more...At least not until I get some food. I feel like I’m going to faint,” pants Ivy gasping for breath as she flops against the mattress. Eli sits up the devious smirk still on his features.
“Yes, baby,” he smiles happily.

“So...how come you’re so flexible?” he asks trying to act nonchalant as he grabs a piece of hot bacon from the large plate. Ivy glances up at him smirking as she reaches for the knives and forks.
“Gymnastics. And then after, I just got into the routine of stretching after shifts at the diner. I never thought it’d come in handy though,” she shrugs placing the food onto the table.
“Oh yeah, it’s handy,” comes a quiet mutter causing Ivy to just laugh and shake her head. Eli pulls her by the waist onto his lap and plants kisses at her neck, her short hair tickling his nose.
They both dig into the large plate of food, famished from the night leading into day’s activities.
Eli and Ivy easily chat through brunch and placing down the empty coffee cup, Eli decides it’s time to give her insight into mating.
“Ivy...” he sings.
“Yes?” she chirps with a weary raise of her eyebrow.
“I wanted...I wanted to ask you for your permission to...”
“To...?” she repeats feeling confused. Is this about the diner?
“Well...to...basically...bite you,” he mumbles, knowing how strange that must sound to a human.
“Bite me? Eli...honey, I think it’s too late to be asking permission for that,” giggles Ivy referring to the hundreds of hickies he’s left all over her body.
Eli allows himself to chuckle a little as his lips take a mind of their own and lay a few more kisses at the soft skin of her lean throat. They just can’t seem to be able to cope with being lonesome for more than a few minutes.
“Ivy...I’m serious baby,’’ he mumbles back.

Ivy shuffles in his lap and twists around to full face him with her attention. His however seems to be elsewhere as her straddling either side of his hips has a certain part of him awakening yet again in desperation.
Eli tries to ignore his rising anatomy and instead tries to figure out how he can explain it without raising panic in his mate, who must be on the receiving end of the whole ordeal and while it will be pleasurable for him, the same cannot be said for Ivy.