Chapter 13

Chapter 13

That evening Dawn sits on Ivy’s bed helping her pick a dress for her date. There weren’t many choices-two to be precise-since dresses weren’t exactly Ivy’s favourite garments of clothing.
“Green or red, mom?” wonders Ivy holding up the two. One was a beautiful emerald green colour, with thick straps, a sweetheart neckline and two triangular slits cut out of the clinched waist to tease, it also came just above the knees. The red one is a more sophisticated dress. Full length and made of chiffon, it also has a sweetheart neckline but this time, a translucent piece of red chiffon cuts across one shoulder. It’s the type to fit snug and show the beautiful curves off a woman which was precisely the reason Ivy had bought it as her prom dress.
“Ivy do you not have any other dresses?” asks Dawn.
“No mom, you know I don’t. Now, green or red?”
“We should go shopping, you need some more dresses.”
“Mom, I don’t. Now, green or red?”
“Of course you do! I don’t see why you’re so against them. You look gorgeous in dresses! Remember that pink one you wore on your 14th? Now, that was a pretty dress. We should try find one like that-”
“Mom! Green, or red?!”
“Hm? Oh, right. Green, definitely green.”
Ivy nods and rolls her eyes as she places the other dress back.

Meanwhile across town, Eli paces back and forth. He has everything done that needs to be done. The food’s all prepared and just needs cooking nearer the time, the apartment’s clean and he’s even dressed but...it niggles at him-his secret. He knows that she’ll wait for him to tell her but getting it off his chest yesterday had felt good. And today she forgot which meant that the secret weighs down on him like lead again. He has to tell her soon or their relationship’s going to sink faster than the Titanic; and Eli won’t allow that. So he calls the only person he can think to help him.

“Mason? It’s Eli.”
“Brother-Eli right?”
“How many Eli’s do you know Mason?” asks Eli in a dead-pan tone.
“Just one cocky bastard who’s unfortunately related to me!” jokes Mason causing Eli to snort a laugh.
“Dude! Seriously, has Katy, altered your mind or something? ‘Cause the brother I know doesn’t even know how to joke!”
That causes a low growl from the other end, assuring Eli that it definitely is his twin that he’s speaking to.
“Shut-up. You wouldn’t understand. Your mate changes you, when you find yours it’ll be the same,” explains Mason.
“Er...” stumbles Eli, “actually I kinda do get it.”
Silence greets him on the other end until there comes an awkward clearing of Mason’s throat.
“Are you serious? You’ve found your mate?” reiterates Mason in a low voice.
“Yes. I found her. Her name’s Ivy, she works at the diner.”
“Wait.. ‘the diner’? Is this the one-”
“Yeah, she doesn’t know yet. And she also doesn’t know about werewolves, she’s human, Mason. How do I tell her? How did you tell Katy?” questions Eli.
“Eli...the thing is. I don’t know. Katy...Katy already somewhat knew. I just had to..explain some things to her. But!-She took it great. She thought it was cool. Maybe Ivy will too?” offers Mason.
“Yeah, or she’ll freak out,” mutters Eli running a hand over his face.
“...Or that. But you don’t know if you don’t try. Sooner’s betters rather than later, Eli. If you tell her sooner, she’ll trust you quicker,” Mason advices.
“Thanks Mase. Oh and don’t tell mom, yet.”
“I won’t say a word to any of them. You do it when you’re ready,” faithfully confirms Mason.

As the intercom buzzes he presses the button to allow the door to release. He uses the time to check in the bathroom mirror one last time to make sure his hair is fine and his breath is fresh. As the knock comes at his apartment door, he makes sure to pat his freshly shaved face with some aftershave.

“Hey...” the rest of Eli’s words get stuck in his throat, seeing his mate stand before him in her dress. She looks....breath-taking. He’s never seen her in a dress, dolled up so beautifully and he can’t believe it. His male mind’s frozen and eyes can’t seem to get enough of her. Starting from her tiny painted feet encased in green heels to her matching sexy green dress, to her beautiful moss coloured eyes, all the way to her soft blonde hair.