Chapter 20

A/n I could not bare to leave the last chapter as it was so I rushed to get this written. Please, please stick with it until the end of the chapter because I promise you, you will not regret it. 

Chapter 20

Fridays and Saturdays are usually Ivy’s days off work and in those days she loves to relax and catch up on housework, however never once has she woke up blindfolded.
“What the hell?” she mutters, hands rising up to take the thing off but there comes a voice telling her to stop.
“Eli? What is going on?” she asks hands stretched searching for him. As he slips his hand into hers, a weight is laid across the bed and the blindfold is removed.
Across her lap sits two plates of breakfast and two glasses of coffee.
“Wow, I can’t even remember the last time I had breakfast brought to me in bed,” grins Ivy lovingly across to Eli who sits beside her in bed with only a pair of silk boxers. As he curls his arm around her and moves them into a more comfortable position they start on breakfast.

As they finish, Ivy allows Eli to steal the last piece of bacon from her as she drains the last of the orange juice. Stretching out she kisses his stubble and smiles.
“Thanks for that baby, but why?” asks Ivy.
“Because...Just because...” shrugs Eli with a peck to her lips, “Now you stay here and I will run you a bath.”
“Wh-why?” asks Ivy but her question goes unanswered as he climbs off the bed and into the bathroom. Ivy slumps into the bed and just lets it be. Although with Ivy, she truly can’t just let it go, suspicion nibbles at her but for now it can go to hell. If Eli wants to cook her breakfast in bed and run her a bath, then why the hell not?

“Okay, water’s warm, come on baby,” he calls coming back out and lifting her off the bed.
“Eli!” she squeals arms winding around him as he carries her into the bathroom. Yet more wonder fills Ivy as she sees his eyes sparkling with amusement while he allows her feet to rest on the ground again. Once again she goes to speak but he steps behind her and starts kissing at her shoulders causing the words to slur into a moan. His kisses run up and down her slim, slumped shoulders whilst stroking her stomach with one hand and the other unhooking her bra. As the black material drops to the ground unnoticed by Ivy, his hands start to stroke down the sides of her hips and reaching the cotton of her black panties, he grips them in his hands. He pushes them down until they fall to the ground from her slim legs. He helps her into the bath, and as she feels the warmth embrace her and the scent of citrusy freshness float around, Eli kneels down beside her; his hands softly tug her face towards him, joining her lips. Tongues dance like courting snakes and while one of Ivy’s wet hands run over Eli’s bare chest, his own cup her soft mound of flesh. Her skin truly feels like silk as her body is submerged in water. His thick fingers feel for the little hardened solider and gently twists. Ivy automatically leans back against the tub, arching naturally as his two hands pinch, squeeze and tease her breasts and n*pples. His soft pace, tenderness paired with the gentle, warm water causes her to feel and hear her own blood throbbing inside her with need. And when she feels the large hand glide down her stomach, a soft sigh of relief escapes her lips.
“Yes,” Ivy hisses as two of the digits slowly circle at her cl*t. The small button of nerves sparks even more as the action of his fingers cause the water to swirl around and that gentle action onto the sensitive nub has Ivy gripping onto the edge of the bathtub as the familiar tightening of orgasm starts to tingle quicker in her than she would have thought it would.
“Eli,” she pants, “please, more.”
Obliging Eli glides the two fingers down to her soft, sensitive lips, and as he eases through them into her tight hole, his thumb pads across the throbbing cl*t. His fingers slowly pump in and out of her, his thumb continuing the circular motion on her cl*t and causing endlessly, wailing moans to come from her lips.
But as she approaches climax, she can’t help the image of last night flash through her mind. And as she tries to forget it, it reappears this time sticking in her brain like peanut butter on the roof of her mouth. The same hands had been a few hours ago been stroking another woman in his own club, while she was there.

“Stop, Eli stop,” she tells him, capturing the wrist at the junction of her legs and ceasing its movement.
“Ivy, what is it? Just relax and enjoy,” he softly murmurs to her in comfort but how can Ivy do that when she keeps wondering how many women he has and will pleasure.
“I can’t Eli, I just...can’t, okay? I close my eyes and I see you up there with that woman, pleasuring her and I just....” shakes Ivy sinking into the water more as Eli’s hands retreat and his face scrunches into confusion.
“But Ivy we talked about this last night-”
“No you told me that you weren’t going to stop pleasuring women, even though I as your soul-mate is not comfortable with that. Tell me, would you accept me, sucking other men’s d*cks and giving them hand-jobs? You know because, I’m only pleasuring them, there’s nothing in it for me?”
Eli momentarily closes his eyes and rubs his temples before answering her.
“Ivy that’s not fair. It’s not like that,” he calmly tries to tell her.
“Then explain to me Eli what it’s like because, right now, it just feels like...you don’t want to give up those other women. Like you still want to remain that playboy. Is that true? Is that what you want?”
“No! No...Of course not. I love you. I want you...But those women are part of my job.-”
“You are the boss. You can change the rules to whatever you want!” she retorts.
“No, Ivy, I can’t. It’s not about me or you. It’s a business, you know that as well as I do, and you also know the most important people of any business, are the customers. We’re a branch, that club I own is only one branch of the whole chain that my brother Adrian organises. Yes I get liberty over a lot of the running of it, more so than other club managers because I am family but that doesn’t mean there aren’t certain rules to play by to be successful. You know that, you run the diner. Consistency is vital to what I do. And maybe that’s where I made a mistake...I didn’t think it was at the time but when I took over the club, I put myself out there as an available Dominant for clients. And now to completely stop is not good for the business. Yes, I’ve slowly decreased my Dom activity but even so the fact that I was there kept the clients coming. But because I’m making myself less and less available, I’m losing customers Ivy.-”
“So your business is more important to you than your love for me?” she asks, “well thanks for clearing that up then.”
With that angry statement, Ivy rises out of the bath and grabs a towel. Wrapping it around her she exits the bathtub and dodging the arms of Eli, she darts into the bedroom.

“Ivy what are you doing? You’re being irrational,” he calls sighing as he watches her start to rush to dress.
“Actually, I am being perfectly rational and you if had any concept of how to be in a good, loving, honest relationship, you would know I am being rational as well,” she snaps tugging on a plain t-shirt and grabbing her suitcase from the corner. Opening it up she turns to the wardrobe and starts to grab all her clothes.
“That’s not fair, Ivy, I’m trying my best-”
“No, no you’re not. You’re being selfish and inconsiderate and you won’t know what? I won’t stand for it. I can’t believe I only just realised...but my Daddy would roll over in his grave if he saw me accepting what you’re offering; because what you’re offering is not the relationship I signed up for and it is not what I deserve. I want and I deserve better from a man I love. I deserve to be number one in his life just as he is in mine; I deserve for my feelings to heard and I deserve complete and utter commitment emotionally, physically and sexually. And from everything you’ve said...you can’t give me that Eli,” she whispers the last part as the drops of tears free-fall off her cheeks onto the carpet below.
Eli is stunned into silence and Ivy uses his silence to zip up the suitcase and wipe her eyes of tears.

“Ivy...please don’t go,” he whispers as he watches her walk over to the front door, full suitcase in hand.
“I’m going back home Eli. You have the rest of today to decide whether you want a relationship with me or not. If you do, if you can be the man I need, then we can continue seeing each other but if you can’t then we’re through.-”
“Ivy you can’t do this to me! I’m your soul-mate,” he hisses.
“Then start being my soul-mate...I’m not changing my mind, Eli. It’s up to you what you do now, but just because you have...been blessed with good looks, a talent in bed and you’re a werewolf, does not mean you’re exempt from the bases and boundaries of a committed relationship....Goodbye Eli, hopefully I’ll see you soon, if not....I hope you find happiness.”

The loud slam of the door is nothing compared to the booming of Eli’s heart. He can’t believe she’s actually walked out on him? How could she? After everything he’s done for her. After all he’s sacrificed for her and she still wants more. Eli can’t understand this; all the other women he’s ever been with they were content with his offering but Ivy...Ivy him to...what? Dote on her? Wrap himself around her like a towel, cling onto her and grant her every single thing she desires? He can’t do that. He wants a life too, one that doesn’t revolve around her and reassuring her and taking care of her....This is ridiculous, sighs Eli to himself. She’ll come to her senses soon enough, Eli murmurs to himself as he tries to get on with the rest of the day. However the hole in his mind of uncertainty of Ivy’s return grows larger and larger with every hour passing.

Meanwhile Ivy slumps to her knees onto the trimmed grass. Above her, the birds chirp and the sun shines; so it’s no surprise that on such a beautiful day not many people would want to spend it in at a graveyard. But beneath her 6 feet underground lies the only man she’s ever, to this day, been able to trust wholeheartedly to keep her safe, keep her protected and keep her happy.
She lays the daises at the foot of the headstone and sighs.
“Hey Daddy,” she whispers softly, pausing instinctively for a response but of course, not gaining one.
“It’s been a while, I’m sorry. I guess I’ve been too caught up in things and that’s a cra-I mean, rubbish excuse so forgive me....Guess what though? Mom’s gonna be joining you soon, up in heaven-if there is a heaven. I think a part of her is glad and I guess...a tiny, eenie bit of me is too. I mean, she’s been fighting the cancer for so long that I think she’s accepted it now. But I can’t accept it Daddy. She’s being...torn from me, and just like you, I have no say in it! I can’t...I can’t stop it, I can’t change it-God knows I’ve tried so fudging hard! What can I do, Daddy, when the people I love are leaving me, betraying me...casting me aside?”
Blinking the tears, Ivy gasps up to the sky before inhaling deeply and gazing straight again.
“God, I wish you were here with me. Maybe then Mom would fight harder, maybe then I wouldn’t be so bad at relationships and maybe then, I’d be normal....But it is what it is, right? And like Carla says maybe I need to adapt better; maybe I just need to be stronger, more independent...Wherever you are Daddy I hope that one day, both you and Mom can look down and see me as someone you’d be proud off, because I know I’m not that person right now but I promise you, I will one day be her. And I promise I will take care of that diner no matter what. I love you Daddy and I’ll come back soon to visit you...Maybe both you and Mom.”

Dusting the traces of grass and dirt from her knees, Ivy stands and leaves the silent flock, feeling calmer than she arrived. As she walks back home, she realises that she’s been letting her heart lead unknowingly for quite a while now and although she doesn’t know when that happened, it’s stopping now; her head is going to be the new captain of this ship; a more sensible, stronger, better leader than her heart who makes completely the wrong decisions all the time.
As she approaches home, she glances at the clock and in that moment of weakness her heart sinks slightly realising she’s heard nothing from Eli to suggest he’s willing to sort things out. No, Ivy, adapt. Use your head, she reminds herself suppressing the wails of her heart. Needing something to do to keep busy she grabs the rubber gloves and starts cleaning.

Eli on the other-hand can’t just switch off; he can’t ignore the burning in his chest no matter how much he tries or the repeating in his head urging him to get her back. Lost as to what to do, he calls the one person he knows will know what to do.

“Eli? Hey, look this is a really bad time-”
“Mason, please.”
A pause meets him on the other side of the phone before he hears his brother sighing.
 “Okay....Give me a sec,” Mason responds.
Eli waits, hearing the mumblings before the phone is picked up and footsteps are heard.
“Sorry to interrupt Mase but....I really need your help.”
“Yeah. I can tell. Jeez, what happened Eli? I haven’t heard you this down since...well, since we moved out,” comes the reply from his twin filled with concern.
“It’s Ivy-my mate,” sighs Eli.
“What happened?” Mason’s question is steady and calm just as always. Eli finds himself briefly envying that part of his twin. While Mason got the calm, steady, cool personality, Eli ends up on the opposite side of the spectrum with his erratic, spurring, less than serious nature and sometimes Eli curses himself for it.
“She-she walked out on me,” he stumbles racking a hand through his hair and relaying all that’s happened to his brother.

“Eli...what have you done?” groans Mason as Eli concludes the story.
“What? It’s not my fault she just can’t accept me!” cries Eli with indignation, still believing he’s in the right.
“You can’t blame her. She’s just done what any other girl would have done in her position,” retorts Mason with a short sigh.
“What the fuck, are you on about? None of the girls I’ve been with were like that.”
“That’s because none one the girls you’ve been with wanted more than sex from you. They didn’t love you. They can’t compare to your mate and they never will. Eli you’re forgetting everything dad taught us. You’re not respecting her as your mate. You’re not...you’re not being good to her.”
“Don’t you dare say that; I have been nothing but good to her,” whispers Eli.
“Then why are you not committing fully to her?”
“It’s our job Mase-”
“No...No it isn’t. You’re trying to hold onto what you know which pleasuring women. Because commitment scares you, no matter what you say, I know you Eli, it terrifies you. Not because you don’t want to commit, but because you don’t know how, at least not to a woman. And it’s not something you can just read or research, you just have to pick it up by finding a woman you love and learning on the way.”
“Why can’t I have both? Why can’t we compromise?” asks Eli slightly freaked at how right Mason seems to get him. It’s true; he doesn’t like things he doesn’t know about. It’s like walking blindly into the darkness and not having that sight scares Eli shitless.
“Eli, just by even saying you want to compromise shows you’re not truly dedicated to her, and she knows that, which is why she rightfully, left. Every woman, and man, wants someone who understands them- truly loves them. Which means that their partner is willing to put everything else second to their happiness. Now you have to ask yourself, what are willing to do to have Ivy beside you? What are you willing to do to keep her happy? Because if it’s anything just short of dying then...you don’t deserve her.”

“...Fuck you,” murmurs Eli as he groans whilst absorbing Mason’s words. What is he willing to do for Ivy? He’s not sure. He wants to love her. He truly does with every being of him but...the something holds him back from doing so. Just...the prospect of giving himself to that one person, depending on her so much emotionally, kind of scares him. He wants to fall but he’s afraid to let go of the rope.
“Right back at you, brother. You never do like admitting when you’re wrong. Something you and Ade share,” teases Mason.
“Please, don’t bring him into it,” groans Eli good-naturedly. Him and his eldest brother Adrian, always did have a love-hate relationship.
“Anyway....what are you going to do about your mate?”
Eli pauses for a minute really thinking about it before he softly replies, “get her back.”
“Any idea how, you know apart from getting on your knees and begging,” laughs his brother.
“...I liked it better when you didn’t think you were funny,” dryly responds Eli.
“Oh, I wasn’t joking. You need to get on your fucking knees and beg, brother.”
“Shut up. I should have called Dane instead,” he mutters only to gain a laugh from his twin.
“Yeah right...Anyway, don’t forget mom’s birthday present.”
“No, I won’t. What have you got her?”
“Not telling!”
“Whatever, I don’t know why you bother. You know she loves me and my presents best, right?”
“Oh please, she just takes pity on you.”
“If that helps you sleep better at night, then sure Mase,” teases Eli.
“Of course, my sexy mate makes it easier to sleep too...Speaking of whom I need to get back to. So, see you brother!”
“Later Mase and uh...give Katy a kiss from me,” he grins unable to help teasing his twin. He hears some mumbling of curses on the phone as he hangs up and chuckles. Eli hasn’t exactly made it unaware to his brother about how lucky he thinks Mason is to have a such a hot piece of ass like Katy; not that Eli could ever think of her more than beautiful. Even when Mason introduced them to her, he saw her as fine woman but there was no desire there, just brother-to-sister love which is a huge relief for him.
However now is not the time to even be thinking of his practically sister-in-law when he has his own mate to handle.

With renewed energy, Eli pushes himself up from the couch, glances at the clock and claps his hands together as he decides on what he’s going to do to get back his girl...for good this time. Time to let go of that rope and just fall. 

A/n I know this story has a lot of emotional ups and downs but that's because the characters are like that. I mean, you've got Eli who has never had lasting real relationship in his life and Ivy who's got her own daddy issues. Thank you for sticking this far with it. I plan on it being a few more chapters longer and then wrapping it up. I know you guys didn't like the last chapter but come on, people *usually* think they're right even when they're wrong so yes I understand all the hate on Eli but from the characters POV he thinks he's right and she's just being over the top. 
Thanks for reading but let's not raise any expectations of another speedy update like this one XD