Chapter 17

Isabelle was the only thing blocking Selena from getting into the ward where Nick was. Isabelle scoffed when Selena glared at her. “What makes you think you’re going in to see him?” Isabelle snarled.

“Well seeing as I’m his current girlfriend and you fucked your boss I think I’m allowed to go in there.” Selena spat back as she pushed Isabelle to the side of her. Isabelle lost her balance and dropped to her knees beside Selena. “Oh look, you’re on your knees, just like you’re used to.” Selena smirked, feeling satisfied with Isabelle gaping face. “Come on Josh.” I told him as Selena looked back to him.

“No, it’s okay. You go in first, I’ll keep Isabelle out.” Josh said as he hooked his hand around Isabelle’s elbow and lifted her up off the ground. Selena smiled at him and Josh just nodded toward the door.

Taking a deep breath Selena entered the room to see Nick sitting on the bed, a tube inserted into the back of his hand and a bandage across his forehead. He was trying to put on his shoes but Selena ran over to him and knelt down into his view. “Nick you’re meant to be resting.” Selena sighed as she took off the one shoe he managed to get on.

“Selena,” Nick smiled, only to grimace when the cut across his lip tightened by his smile. “I was just about to see you.” He told her as she helped him lie back down. The pain soon appeared on his face from his bruised ribs and he bit his lip to hold back any whimpers.

“Well seeing as I’m here you can lie down and rest.” Selena told him as she grabbed the chair and pulled it to his bedside as she sat down. She looked over at Nick and he could see the worry in her eyes and it seemed to hurt him to see she was sad because of him. “How did you get into this mess?” She asked softly as she took his hand.

“I missed a red light.” He admitted sheepishly. “But I’m fine so there’s no need to worry.” He told her as he gave her hand a squeeze.

Selena smiled sadly and stood up. She leant over him and kissed the corner of his mouth. “I thought you stood me up. I was angry at you and then Isabelle answered your phone and told me you took her back and I just-”

The shake of Nick’s head stopped Selena. “Do you think I’d ever take her back when I’ve got you?” He smiled, a small smile, that made Selena kiss the side of his mouth that was not damaged.

“You do have me.” Selena whispered. “And never forget that because you mean so much to me and I’d hate for you to leave me-”

Again she was cut off by Nick. “Selena, I think I’m falling in love with you.” He told her, his eyes now meeting hers, brown on brown as they just gazed at each other, their love mirroring off each other. To hear those words made Selena’s heart stop, a smile coming onto her face as she knew right there, looking at him that she was too falling for him, something she never expected. John Green was right in that moment; you fall in love like you fall asleep- slowly at first and then all at once.

“I know I’m falling in love with you.” Selena told him honestly, this time the smile on Nick’s face widened slightly. To hear her say that made all of Nick’s pain go away for that moment, warmth spreading through him as the remains of his shattered heart were pieced back together, the glue sealing his heart as one was Selena.  

“So, Selena Gomez. Do you want me to be your boyfriend?” Nick asked, making Selena chuckle as she nodded.

“Nick Jonas, I want to be your girlfriend.” She admitted, tears clouding her eyes as she leant in and kissed him again. This time though Nick turned his head so her lips pressed fully against his own. She was hesitant at first but as Nick kissed her, she seemed to get lost in love and desire as she kissed him properly. Nick didn’t care about the pain, he was just glad to have her lips against his.

The door soon opened and Josh walked in on the pair of them locked together and he smiled as he watched Nick’s vow crumble. To never fall in love, was impossible once you’ve met your soul mate.