Poachers

Hearing another gunshot, being even more scared for my life. I still continued on, and finally, I saw what was making the sound. Poachers...

There were three of them, they were capturing animals. I saw some in cages, my heart dropped when I saw them. Rabbits, birds, little animals, and then I saw a panther in a cage. It looked so hopeless. I was about to do something when they started to talk.

"We need to get these animals back to camp. The ship arrives soon, and then we will get our money for their skin." The biggest of the men said, with a chuckle.

Becoming even angrier, when I heard another gunshot, "Men! Come quickly we have another panther."

Hearing another man yell from a couple miles away. The men that were next to cages ran to help him. That's when I ran to the cages. Unlocking each of the cages, until I got the panther one. He growled at me, and I stepped back a little.

I pushed my fear away and unlocked the cage. The panther stepped out, staring at me. Ren was beside me staring down the panther. But he just ran the other. That's when I heard the men coming, and I didn't have anywhere to hide.

Freaking out, when I felt someone grab my waist. Pulling me up into the trees, holding back a scream. The arms let me go a little, looking behind me to see Adam. We were now hidden up in the trees. I sighed in relief.

"What the hell happened to the animals!" The boss said, "We were only gone a couple of minutes. Roger, Mike go look for them!"

The two men then ran off. "Yes, Captain Bryan." We watched as Captain Bryan walked around, looking at the cages.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I almost fell off the branch, but Adam caught me. Telling me to follow him, going from branch to branch. Until we made it to a tree near the tree house. Adam jumped down, looking up at me holding his arms out.

"Jump! I'll catch you." He said.

I just shook my head, "No, way in hell I'm doing that. I don't trust you, you just told me that I was the only person you have seen in over two years. But then I just saw men in the forest." He dropped his arms, running a hand through his dark brown hair.

"I don't know what they are doing here, I swear I wasn't lying. I didn't even know they were here until you ran off." That's when I got angry, jumping off and falling. Adam caught me in his arms, just shaking his head.

"I didn't run off, I just needed some air." That when I felt something hit me in the back, making us fall to the ground. With me on top of Adam, I could feel his abs, and his hands were wrapped around my waist. I started to blush, trying to get up.

Adam did the same, looking at Ren who had a wolf smirk on his face. Barking at us, I just shook my head at him. "We better get inside," Adam said.

Walking up the stairs. I slowly followed him, when I felt pain go through my stomach. Looking down and seeing blood again, placing a hand against it trying to make it stop.

"No..." I whispered. 

"Clara..." I looked up at him, and he ran back down the stairs. Sweeping me off my feet, carrying me inside. Going to his room and laying me down. He then began to work on my wound, wrapping it back up.

Watching as his hands, gently touched my skin. Making my skin tingling from his soft touch, looking into his blue eyes. Getting lost in them, and he realized I was looking at him. He stared back at me, we were like for a couple of seconds.

"Hmph... well I think it stopped. You need to rest some more, I will bring you lunch up soon." I just nodded as he walked out the door. I saw Ren come in, jumping on the bed beside. Petting his head, and staring at the ceiling.

Why did this all happen to me... Everything is so different. What am I going to do...